Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Internet Access in Ballina / Killaloe

Options
  • 22-09-2006 3:27pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4

I am Polish archaeologist who is moving to Ballina on saturday - tomorow - 22.09.06.

I used to work in Carlow co. Carlow and I had a broadband wi-fi connection at my place.

This time we have a project near Killaloe/Ballina and I am going to spend a couple of months over there.
    Since the Internet access is crucial for me (I am collaborating with Irish and Polish press and I am the owner of Polish community in Carlow web portal)
    I have been looking for ISP in the area, and I have just found something like broadband.killaloe.ie and some posts on killaloe.ie as well.
    Unfortunately those pages and web forum seems to be dead.

Are there any options to get Internet access in Killaloe/Ballina? I am not sure about how long I am going to stay in that location (maximum couple of months),
    thus I am not so much interested in long term contract with major Irish ISP.

Maybe somone would be willing to share its connection with me using Wi-Fi technology?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 117 ✭✭campers

Irish Broadband are definitely there. www.irishbroadband.ie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 MacKozer

I know, but they don't offer short period contracts. I don't need intertnet access in Killaloe for whole year.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,051 ✭✭✭mayhem#

www.fwi.ie
    Local, quick & flexible...

E.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,422 ✭✭✭Avns1s

MacKozer wrote:
    I am Polish archaeologist who is moving to Ballina on saturday - tomorow - 22.09.06.

I used to work in Carlow co. Carlow and I had a broadband wi-fi connection at my place.

This time we have a project near Killaloe/Ballina and I am going to spend a couple of months over there.
    Since the Internet access is crucial for me (I am collaborating with Irish and Polish press and I am the owner of Polish community in Carlow web portal)
    I have been looking for ISP in the area, and I have just found something like broadband.killaloe.ie and some posts on killaloe.ie as well.
    Unfortunately those pages and web forum seems to be dead.

Are there any options to get Internet access in Killaloe/Ballina? I am not sure about how long I am going to stay in that location (maximum couple of months),
    thus I am not so much interested in long term contract with major Irish ISP.

Maybe somone would be willing to share its connection with me using Wi-Fi technology?

Would you're "Killaloe" be Killala by any chance.?

• Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 28,803 Mod ✭✭✭✭oscarBravo

Killaloe Co. Clare and Ballina Co. Tipperary are twin towns either side of the Shannon. I suspect that's where he's talking about, especially with the mention of IBB.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4 MacKozer

Tomorow I will know will we have access through FWI.ie

Anyway... Do you know about public Hot Spot, a pub with internet access or something like that?

MacKozer wrote:
    Tomorow I will know will we have access through FWI.ie

Anyway... Do you know about public Hot Spot, a pub with internet access or something like that?

The nearest Internet cafe or hotspot will be in either Nenagh or Limerick...

E.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 153 ✭✭motormouthmable

A colleague of mine has just moved to Ogonnelloe near Killaloe and he is asking if this FWI is available there as well and/or if there are some alternative BB providers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,163 ✭✭✭✭Liam Byrne

The FWI coverage list says

Aglish
    Ardcroney
    Ballina
    Borrisokane
    Cloughjordan
    Dromineer
    Flagmount
    Killaloe
    Lorrha
    Lough Graney
    Mountshannon
    Nenagh
    Newtown
    O'Briens Bridge
    Ogonelloe
    Portroe
    Puckaun
    Scariff

A colleague of mine has just moved to Ogonnelloe near Killaloe and he is asking if this FWI is available there as well and/or if there are some alternative BB providers.

I would think so, but wouldn't it be easier if you just contacted them directly?

E.

• Advertisement
Advertisement