Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Satellite contacts

Options
  • 22-09-2006 3:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 792 ✭✭✭

Firends;

I need contacts for a company/person to connect a Satellite to my apartment in CharlesLand

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,257 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

mmalaka wrote:
    Firends;

I need contacts for a company/person to connect a Satellite to my apartment in CharlesLand

Thanks

Did you sort it out with the agent in the end?

I think if you contact Sky, they arrange it all for you?

• Registered Users Posts: 792 ✭✭✭mmalaka

I talked with some people living in the same area and they said that nobody is following that rule of not allowing the dish; and I red the contract and it seems there r nothing about that, so I am thinking to go for it

I am looking for the Free channels satellite; I do not think sky will go for that

• Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭MuffinsDa

mmalaka wrote:
    I talked with some people living in the same area and they said that nobody is following that rule of not allowing the dish; and I red the contract and it seems there r nothing about that, so I am thinking to go for it

I am looking for the Free channels satellite; I do not think sky will go for that

http://www.satellite.ie has good prices.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,939 ✭✭✭mikedragon32

Mmalaka,

Unless you have the express permission of the landlord and/or his agent, I would urge you NOT to install a dish.

If you don't have his permission you may well lose your deposit. Now, unless you can afford to throw away over €1,000 you should just avail of the basic NTL package.

• Registered Users Posts: 792 ✭✭✭mmalaka

Losing deposite??!!!

can he do that??

perhaps he can force to fix any damage cozed by the Dish (holes or something like that) or something but he can not just take the deposite awaye!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,724 ✭✭✭SteM

mmalaka wrote:
    Losing deposite??!!!

can he do that??

perhaps he can force to fix any damage cozed by the Dish (holes or something like that) or something but he can not just take the deposite awaye!!!!

Have you ever delt with an Irish landlord before? If it's in the general estate rules that you can't put a dish up and you're breaking that rule then he probably has the right to ask you to leave and he may have the right to keep the deposit. Be 100% sure before you do it and don't just go on what your neighbours say, they won't be the ones loosing the money.

A friend of mine bought a place in the IFSC when they went on sale originally, there was a rule about no dishes up. One or 2 people decided to chance it and nothing was done so loads of other people did it. Nothing was done by the managment company for over a year and then they sent out a letter reminding tenants that dishes weren't allowed. Most tenants ignored them until one day they arrived home to find that a cherry picker had been hired and the dishes had been cut down and left in a pile for the tenants to pick up.

They do the same thing every 6 to 9 months now from what I've heard.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,257 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

SteM wrote:
    Have you ever delt with an Irish landlord before? If it's in the general estate rules that you can't put a dish up and you're breaking that rule then he probably has the right to ask you to leave and he may have the right to keep the deposit. Be 100% sure before you do it and don't just go on what your neighbours say, they won't be the ones loosing the money.

They do the same thing every 6 to 9 months now from what I've heard.

It is specifically against the mangement company's rules, and the OP has already been told by the landlord's agent that he does not have permission to put a dish up.

Advertisement