Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best music genre?

Options
  • 22-09-2006 3:50pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 751 ✭✭✭

What is THE best music genre(s) of all time?

Best music genre(s) 80 votes

Hard and slow rock
    0%
    Dance/Club/Garage/Similar....
    26%
    BardKarl HungusMossy Monkbytetony 2 tonetmanCrucifixPigman IIShiverinEskimo[Deleted User]OTliddyDavei141JamesMMooseJamgustavoBodhidharmaAnto McCChillwithcianDoomspelldr.bollocko 21 votes
    Acoustic
    11%
    Karl HungustmanPigman II[Deleted User]shane86AlvisMr EdholtonBudd 9 votes
    Easy listning
    13%
    Karl HungusMossy MonktmanPigman IIShiverinEskimo[Deleted User]OTliddyDavei141Anto McCChillwithcianDoomspell 11 votes
    General alternitave
    8%
    Karl HungusMossy MonktmanPigman II[Deleted User]OTliddyDoomspell 7 votes
    Pop
    11%
    Karl HungusMossy MonktmanPigman IIBelle Ende[Deleted User]OTliddyPitselehDoomspell 9 votes
    Country
    6%
    Karl HungusPigman II[Deleted User]gustavoHeisenberg. 5 votes
    Jazz
    3%
    Karl HungusPigman II[Deleted User] 3 votes
    Hip hop and rnb
    10%
    Karl HungustmanPigman II[Deleted User]OTliddyPitselehDoomspellsonic juice 8 votes
    Indie/Other
    8%
    Karl HungustmanPigman II[Deleted User]Orizioshane86spacecoyote 7 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

:rolleyes:

How can you have a "best" music genre? Best for what?

Music is one of the arts so therefore it is subjective.

Is anybody else getting a right royal pain in their rocks with all the "Best of" threads??? :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

Indie/Other
    BaZmO* wrote:
    Is anybody else getting a right royal pain in their rocks with all the "Best of" threads??? :mad:

Yes! God yes, they're a ****ing nuisance. Thank you!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 751 ✭✭✭Chillwithcian

Easy listning
    Relax......its not that bad.....:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

Hip-Hop and R'n'B are not the same genre.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭Nightwish

Where's metal?

• Advertisement

Easy listning
    Makaveli wrote:
    Hip-Hop and R'n'B are not the same genre.

u tick it if you like either.

• Registered Users Posts: 360 ✭✭eddyc

kasakh shertpe folk music

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Polka-Thrash Country

Mike.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭shane86

Indie/Other
    Nightwish wrote:
    Where's metal?

Thankfully absent, because most people here are past their 16th birthday.

*grabs his dick cos he loves hiiip-hoopp*

For me the rap music is number 1, some classic Nas, BIG, Snoop, it just has greater relevance than generic song number 369 by the Chillis which shoots straight in at no.1 on the charts (honestly, have the Chillis ever made a song that was actually about anything?)

Second to rap is dance. Aye, cant whack a bit of dance tunage.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

skaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,736 ✭✭✭OctavarIan

shane86 wrote:

I find that amusing coming from somone who listens to rap and dance.

But yeah, this poll is pretty null. There are many more genres not listed there, some genres that have little in common are put together (i would vote other, but i wouldn't give a vote to indie), and there is no BEST genre.

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,123 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

shane86 wrote:
    For me the rap music is number 1, some classic Nas, BIG, Snoop, it just has greater relevance than generic song number 369 by the Chillis which shoots straight in at no.1 on the charts (honestly, have the Chillis ever made a song that was actually about anything?)

Second to rap is dance. Aye, cant whack a bit of dance tunage.

So you don't like the RCHP because you think they haven't made a song about anything? Then your second favourite genre is Dance! What's meaningful about dance, pray tell!

Anyway, you should have said you didn't like the Chilis because they're just plain cr4p! :D

However, Metal music is the best (where I don't class RHCP) and I'm well past my 16th! :)

Indie/Other
    I wasn't going to respond to some of the idiotic comments on this brain-spasm of a thread, but...
    byte wrote:
    So you don't like the RCHP because you think they haven't made a song about anything? Then your second favourite genre is Dance! What's meaningful about dance, pray tell!

Man, don't put down dance music, they're some incredibly meangingful classics out there, just listen to Ebeneezer Goode!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭Nightwish

shane86 wrote:

*grabs his dick cos he loves hiiip-hoopp*

Pray tell, what in the name of god have the Chili's got to do with metal?

Easy listning
    Its not possible to fit every music gerne in the voting (theres only 10 slots) sorry if anyones taste(s) wernt included:o

• Registered Users Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭John

Free psych apocalyptic folk ftw

• Registered Users Posts: 6,790 ✭✭✭cornbb

Anything written by a computer ;)

Indie/Other
    Its not possible to fit every music gerne in the voting (theres only 10 slots) sorry if anyones taste(s) wernt included:o

You could fit all styles of music into 2 slots; Country and Western. :D

Seriously though, where's the Classical ffs? Trad/Folk? Blues? Where's the all of the above option? Perhaps you shouldn't have bothered with a poll at all?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,098 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Metal or classical. Mix of both is nice.

Easy listning
    You could fit all styles of music into 2 slots; Country and Western. :D

Seriously though, where's the Classical ffs? Trad/Folk? Blues? Where's the all of the above option? Perhaps you shouldn't have bothered with a poll at all?

Relax man..... If you dont like it lock it, i dont mind (well i do but i wont complain) :)

• Advertisement

Indie/Other
    Relax man..... If you dont like it lock it, i dont mind (well i do but i wont complain) :)

1. Why do you think I'm not relaxed?
    2. I don't moderate this board.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 241 ✭✭Black NG-60-90

Yeah where the **** is metal????(Yes i'm over 16). If its included in "Hard rock/slow rock" i don't think Morbid Angel should really be alongside Bryan Adams:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭John

i don't think Morbid Angel should really be alongside Bryan Adams:eek:

I think they should if only to show the world the difference between real rock and Morbid Angel ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,373 ✭✭✭Executive Steve

what a silly poll.

drum and bass ftw, just because it has all the best bits of all the other genres and none of the bad bits.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,563 ✭✭✭kinaldo

Didn't wanna dignify this thread with a response but I thought I should at least mention FUNK! FFs.

edit: Indie/Other - lol, why not just other?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

Yeah where the **** is metal????(Yes i'm over 16). If its included in "Hard rock/slow rock" i don't think Morbid Angel should really be alongside Bryan Adams:eek:

I think they should, if they're carrying large metallic weapons and fully intend to use them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 241 ✭✭Black NG-60-90

Bard wrote:
    I think they should, if they're carrying large metallic weapons and fully intend to use them.
    Haha never thought of that. Amen reverend, amen :D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,460 ✭✭✭Orizio

Indie/Other
    Listen to Hip-Hop and Electronica more then anything else,but confining yourself to one genre is a rather silly policy.Good music is good music no matter the genre.I used to listen to a decent bit of Metal(Metallica,Deftones,RATM)and Rock(Smashing Pumpkins,The Clash,Minor Threat,The Libertines,The Pixies)but I generally find that musicality in the 00's has hit a new low in Rock,Hip-Hop and whatever else.

My favourite artists are the likes of Bjork,PJ Harvey,Nas,Outkast and The Clash.The very best music should have something that practically appeals to everybody.It should be so good that the stipulations that come with the genre become irrelevent.

BTW,the Red Hot Chili Peppers aren't Metal,they simply exist in their own genre of complete cackness.;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 377 ✭✭sonic juice

Hip hop and rnb
    thats a narrow-minded question,how can you like only one genre and like music at the same time?

• Advertisement
Advertisement