Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Broadband + Nvidia Firewall

• 22-09-2006 4:18pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 666 ✭✭✭

Are any of you guys using the Nvidia Firewall that comes inbuilt on Nvidia Motherboards. I have it and am wondering is it any good or if its better than the XP Firewall. Does it cause any problems? I noticed it has an option for "Lockdown" to secure you internet connection when you are away from the PC whick looks like a good idea for always on BB. It also has an anti-hacking feature. So any feedback or suggestions regarding setup with a Netopia modem would be appericated.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 Lazareus

Yeh I have the Nvidia Firewall but i dont use it. Im happier with the Router Protections and Kav Anti-Hacker.
    If u want to b safe that no one else will use ur router setup Access Control Config. Where u need a name and pass to use the bb at all.;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

nVidia firewall tended to corrupt large HTTP/FTP downloads for me, so I dumbed it quickly. I'm just using Windows firewall and the protection provided by my NAT, does the trick for me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 119 ✭✭cormon

Kerio is your only man for the software based firewall . The logging, program control and access list features are great . Just make sure when you install it you chose the advanced mode .Windows in built firewall is a joke really. no filtering off programs connecting out from your box ...crazy.....

NAt is not a real form off protection really . Most low end routers can be exploited to reveal the translation tables is desired.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,943 ✭✭✭Mutant_Fruit

cormon wrote:
    NAt is not a real form off protection really . Most low end routers can be exploited to reveal the translation tables is desired.
    Really? Do you have any links as to what routers are affected? It's the first time i've ever come across an issue like that before!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭DemonOfTheFall

nVidia firewall = baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaad.

Use a different one and disable/uninstall it.

• Advertisement
Advertisement