Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Who should play on the left?

Options
  • 22-09-2006 5:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭

It's clear Spurs are in a rut insofar as we are lacking the width to really play with wingers. Lennon is a given at RW, but we're missing him for a while.

The spot that needs to be filled is LW, the only person I've seen so far play in the role competently was Lennon last season, Mido had a stint but largely ineffective, while Davids has done well from there (Arsenal anybody?)

Anyway, just to inspire some dialog, thought I'd post a poll.

I've picked Young-Pyo, naturally a right footer, but has played left-midfield previously for club and country. I think that when the full back pushes forward it means he can drop back and offer a bit more versatilitiy to the side. Ziegler the only "natural" for the role seems to be lacking the defensive abilities, and loses the ball cheaply (read the reserve report against the Hammers). Davids is at a crucial stage where he must avoid injury, and his tendency to pull inside isn't beneficial. Lennon is ideal, but we must play him in his best position to get the best out of him. Malbranque I think should play centrally as he will be central to Spurs creativity.

Who would it be? 7 votes

Young-Pyo
    0%
    Ekotto
    14%
    Altheus 1 vote
    Ziegler
    0%
    Davids
    14%
    eoinf 1 vote
    Tainio
    0%
    Lennon
    14%
    therecklessone 1 vote
    Malbranque
    0%
    Murphy
    42%
    Playboyel diablochalky76 3 votes
    Keane
    0%
    Mido
    14%
    slumped 1 vote

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

Lennon
    Can I delete one of the options and add "none of the above"?

I don't want to revisit old ground, but the club's failure to recruit for the left side of midfield could be the difference between European football and none next season. We've tried Davids, but he drifts in to the centre too much, Tainio gets injured too much but is a grafter when he plays, and Mido is a striker for God's sake!

Actually, the Mido thing has me scratching my head...Mido played on the left against Utd with Keane on his own up front. Surely that should have been the other way around? Keane hasn't scored for the first team since Arsenal last April (that includes pre-season), put him on the left to create and leave Mido to score goals.

Lennon and Malbranque are gone for a while, so other injuries permitting I'd go with Tainio on the left, or a switch to 4-3-3 with Keane playing a free role behind Defoe and Mido/Berbatov.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,946 ✭✭✭slumped

Mido
    Keane would be fantastic on the left side. Just think of him running at defenders from way out there on the left. Superb.

S

• Registered Users Posts: 5,750 ✭✭✭el diablo

Murphy
    slumped wrote:
    Keane would be fantastic on the left side. Just think of him running at defenders from way out there on the left. Superb.

S
    Keano is a waste of space at the moment. I'd go for Malbranque when he returns from injury...:D

We're all in this psy-op together.🤨

Advertisement