Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Broadband without phoneline in Cork?

• 22-09-2006 6:03pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 141 ✭✭

I'm looking for a broadband service in Cork which doesn't require a phone line, are there any providers other than Chorus and Digweb that do this? I've had bad experiences with both these providers so am looking for an alternative.

I know IBB ripwave is meant to be complete rubbish, but is their Breeze product any good? What about Nova networks? Can anyone recommend a good service that doesn't need a phone line?

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 75 ✭✭eoinok

Where abouts in Cork are you?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

before you go paying.. you could always see if there are any free access points! If you live in the city centre that is... otherwise i doubt there will be.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 141 ✭✭6digitnumber

yes, i live in the city centre. North main street, there are free access points?? How do i connect to one of these? I have a laptop with wireless if that helps?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 n0mad

Stay clear of novanetworks.
    They have serious problems with stability, their billing system is a mess and the support is terrible.
    If you e-mail them something you'll probably not get a response.
    If you call them the most likely answer you will get "Oh is it down?" or "It should be up in a couple of hours".
    We've had downtimes of 1 minute to 4-5 days. And they keep saying the same thing "It should be up"...
    They've blamed the trees / leaves for obstructing the signal...
    Yeah...

I have some friends that are currently using IBB breeze, however they are located a bit higher up, anyway they say its working fine. No problems with speeds/latency apparently.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 206 ✭✭real_484

Hiya

Tried to get digiweb at the start of the year but no luck at that time. Went with NN as had a good line of sight with the airport. I have found nova networks good, any problems have being sorted out quickly. Using blueface Voip with them some problems to begin with but fine now. Overall happy with service only issue is cost, think should be cheaper but service is working well and everything is relative, cheap is cheap

Another option is amocon but are expensive.

• Advertisement
Advertisement