Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Imagine telecom messed up bill..

Options
  • 22-09-2006 6:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

I recently had a bill from Imagine Telecom which I queried. It turned out that they had completely messed up the figures. Ok, we all make mistakes. But the amazing thing was that after 2 weeks nothing appeared to have happened until I noticed that my bank accounk was debited by the original wrong amount due.

But then even more incredible was that when I queried this, they said Oh yeah we over-charged you on the bill ok so we will credit your next bill. Now the problem I have with this is (a) because they had over charged me by direct debit, that put me in the red and will I now will have to pay unauthorised fees for this and (b) when I asked them to issue me with a new revised bill, their reply to that was that they do not issue revised bills.

So how do I know now that the 'fixed' bill is correct after the disaster from the first bill. They will not allow me to see this. Has anyone out there had an experience like this? :mad:

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

get onto comreg who licence them to operate

consumerline@comreg.ie

insist they pay any charges incurred from going in the red this quarter and make sue you tell Comreg you complained formally (as distinct from "queried" as you phrased it) but they refused to fix the bill and debited you the wrong amount 2 weeks later

• Closed Accounts Posts: 195 ✭✭rondjon

I think you'll find that Comreg won't do anything for you here. They won't even speak to you until you go through the full complaints procedure that Imagine have in place.

And only then are you entitled to speak to Comreg, and they'll then tell you that they don't deal with consumer related issues such as this and they'll direct you to the ODCA.

I had this with 3 and got no satisfaction anywhere.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 mariholohan

sweenyTodd wrote: »
    I recently had a bill from Imagine Telecom which I queried. It turned out that they had completely messed up the figures. Ok, we all make mistakes. But the amazing thing was that after 2 weeks nothing appeared to have happened until I noticed that my bank accounk was debited by the original wrong amount due.

But then even more incredible was that when I queried this, they said Oh yeah we over-charged you on the bill ok so we will credit your next bill. Now the problem I have with this is (a) because they had over charged me by direct debit, that put me in the red and will I now will have to pay unauthorised fees for this and (b) when I asked them to issue me with a new revised bill, their reply to that was that they do not issue revised bills.

So how do I know now that the 'fixed' bill is correct after the disaster from the first bill. They will not allow me to see this. Has anyone out there had an experience like this? :mad:

Something similar to me!! I got my first bill from Imagine. Expecting to pay Euro 40 per month for service, plus Euro 100 for installation of outside box, as reception was too poor inside my house. Nearly dropped when I got a bill for Euro 259. They had charged me for full month from July - August even though I didn't get connection until 20th August. Plus bill is charging for August to September and then advance payment for September - October, PLUS VAT, even though I had been told was included in monthly price plan. They don't tell you that when you sign up!!!!! It sucks! Will be broke again this month!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 kgm

Left Imagine for new service provider. Just to see me off in style they decided to overcharge 400%

22.28 paid from previous month
    20.66 reconnection fee, 6 days after I had changed provider
    VAT on top

so instead of a final bill for 17.01 they charged me 64.29. I think they'll be waiting a long time for payment!!!!!

why is there no official efficient complaints procedure to tackle <SNIP> them and force them to pay penalties to the state or charity when they cause these problems

• Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭raymark

kgm wrote: »
    Left Imagine for new service provider. Just to see me off in style they decided to overcharge 400%

22.28 paid from previous month
    20.66 reconnection fee, 6 days after I had changed provider
    VAT on top

so instead of a final bill for 17.01 they charged me 64.29. I think they'll be waiting a long time for payment!!!!!

why is there no official efficient complaints procedure to tackle <SNIP> them and force them to pay penalties to the state or charity when they cause these problems
    hi.check if there is a regulator,i know there is one for the esb.if you have a problem with esb and they can't or wont sort it out you can contact the regulator based in dublin.the regulator will then assess your complaint and intervene on your behalf.if there is a telecom regulator,it is well worth contacting them,good luck let us know how you get on.regards raymark

• Advertisement
Advertisement