Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

company of heros

Options
  • 22-09-2006 7:04pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭

i'm suprised there are no threads about this here.
    i just completed the game last night.
    i normaly don't like rts but this game is amazing.
    you might be sick to death of games on WWII but this is the best game released in a long time.
    so get the demo and then the full version when you realise how good it is :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 413 ✭✭Skittle

Um, the full game isn't out here until Friday, so prey tell how have you completed it already?

• Registered Users Posts: 37,301 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Skittle wrote:
    Um, the full game isn't out here until Friday, so prey tell how have you completed it already?
    We are not talking on the internet...:rolleyes:

=-=

OP: playing it on a LAN myself, but I may play it in Single Player. Question: do you pick your doctrine (inf/tank.etc), or is it selected for you in the missions?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Damn was gonna go buy it today, stupid release dates.

My one handedness needs a game like this.

kdjac

• Registered Users Posts: 5,967 ✭✭✭Pyr0

the_syco wrote:
    We are not talking on the internet...:rolleyes:

=-=

OP: playing it on a LAN myself, but I may play it in Single Player. Question: do you pick your doctrine (inf/tank.etc), or is it selected for you in the missions?

The doctrines are picked for you when you start, single player is pretty good. Just about finished it now.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,136 ✭✭✭Pugsley

Im well through the campaign now, damn good game, I got a good few games up on the multiplayer beta and its definately worth getting for the multiplayer.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭jaggeh

ill be pawing a copy of this next week with my greasy mits.

Relic are on a proverbial roll.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

jaggeh wrote:
    ill be pawing a copy of this next week with my greasy mits.

Relic are on a proverbial roll.
    when have the not been?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

BlitzKrieg wrote:
    when have the not been?
    Homeworld 2's vertical difficulty spikes?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

the_syco wrote:
    Question: do you pick your doctrine (inf/tank.etc), or is it selected for you in the missions?

its picked for you in most missions. near the end of the game, you get to choose yourself.

Ciaran500 wrote:
    Homeworld 2's vertical difficulty spikes?
    still good game though...

just a bit hard. (compared to dawn of war which was a bit easy.)

• Advertisement

i mean they are on a rolllll

Homeworld
    cataclysm
    Homeworld 2
    dawn of war
    winter assault
    Company of heros

not one of these games have i not liked. imho they are the new westwood. kings of rts be they!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,892 ✭✭✭bizmark

What was so hard about homeworld 2? Apart from the last mission and those annoying indestructible ships on one or two missions i found it pretty easy.......But ya ill be picking coh up on Friday any of you lot up to beating me over and over in multiplayer? Or perhaps a co op against the ai?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Relic have created some of the best rts's i've ever played. The original Homeworld will always have a special place in my heart, and will always be in my favourite games list. Homeworld 2 was also great, but not as good (
    I mean they just dumped the mothership!!!
    )

Dawn of War was great, and i can't wait to get Company of Heroes. Its about the only WWII game that has me interested in quite a while.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,316 ✭✭✭ButcherOfNog

I'll be picking it up at the weekend, no doubt i'll be playing lots of multiplayer. Might organise a wee league ala the current DoW one on darkkeep, nothing too serious, just some fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

It got 10/10 from Eurogamer. Impressive.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,889 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

jaggeh wrote:
    i mean they are on a rolllll

Homeworld
    cataclysm
    Homeworld 2
    dawn of war
    winter assault
    Company of heros

not one of these games have i not liked. imho they are the new westwood. kings of rts be they!

lets not forget the amazing "the outfit" :p

wish my pc could run this. looks amazing.

shhhhhhh

• Registered Users Posts: 7,314 ✭✭✭Nietzschean

tuxy wrote:
    i'm suprised there are no threads about this here.

Strategy game forum?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

Didn't think it too impressive. It's fun and all that, but it's more like a mod for Dawn of War. And it's a tad repetative. No crap, but by no means worth 10/10.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭Cunny-Funt

Heard great things about it and will deffo be playing it once ive me pc sorted. Been ages since ive played a good rts although I played homeworld 2 a few months back which rocked :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 638 ✭✭✭theTinker

I played it first only a few hours ago, seems really good, hardly have the time though. Im ALWAYS doing exams or starting a job or something when a good game gets me....:(

Homeworld is my fav of all time. For its time it was beautiful and even now has some great parts. (except for enemies which cant be blown up etc).

That game is like holy....

• Registered Users Posts: 7,482 ✭✭✭RE*AC*TOR

more like...... Company of ZEROS...

baddum tish!

hey they may start out as zeros but after you rush the machine guns on omaha id call them heroes!!!

but seriously, my palms are getting itchy. Special edition is exclusive to game :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,627 ✭✭✭The Freeman

are any of ye lads running it on a 9800 pro at all??????????

(fingers crossed)

www.techspot.com - fairly comprehensive guide to how grafix cards run the game.

The Freeman i think you are going to be sool for this game unless you turn everything off and play it in 'stamp' resolution.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,627 ✭✭✭The Freeman

cheers dude,time to upgrade i think

• Registered Users Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭Squall

Picked this up in the states a few weeks back.

Fantastic game. Gets nice and challenging but never overly so. The mechanics are great. Very satisfying to play.

Definately pick it up

• Registered Users Posts: 1,726 ✭✭✭qwertz

I hate those propaganda games where you can only play as the "magnificent" Americans.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

qwertz wrote:
    I hate those propaganda games where you can only play as the "magnificent" Americans.
    I hate those Nazi bastards that only let you play as the Germans more :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,864 ✭✭✭uberpixie

are any of ye lads running it on a 9800 pro at all??????????

(fingers crossed)

A 9800 Pro performs fairly close to a 6600GT in 1024x768
    (bout 20% less, the 6600GT beats it at anything higher by a much bigger margin)

You should be able to run it fine on medium to low quality settings@1024x768.

Def give it a try.

Advertisement