Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

company of heros

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

you got msn?

who's the fourth man?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,892 ✭✭✭bizmark

BlitzKrieg wrote:
    you got msn?

who's the fourth man?

Sent pm

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 7,685 Mod ✭✭✭✭delly

Just had a 1v1 and got nailed. Only on dial up but it seemed to work ok.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Bought it today doing Tutorial now

Ran performance test got GREAT 128 FPS

AMD 3000 1.8
    1gb Ram
    6800 Ultras SLI

Running in 1024 high and its bloody lovely, great fun, im one handed so can play online later if i can side up with someone :D

kdjac

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 7,685 Mod ✭✭✭✭delly

Have had a couple of online games now and the MP interface aint the best tbh. Now it could be just me but I'm not seeing any ping when checking servers, only the performance column which I presume is meant to be the same. Also ingame I can't see an interface to give info on pings or scores, but I presume I just haven't found it yet.

Couple of other things which I find a tad frustrating is that certain actions require left click, while others require right click on the main play field. Don't really see why there has to be a difference, also does anybody know if there is an option that displays all your squads on a tab or similar, as I find it easy to forget about a unit if hidden.

These are really only small flaws, other than that the gameplay is sweet and the graphics are great.

• Advertisement

Theres a small blue badge just above the main hud building/special ability section for the allies might be a different color for the Nazi if pressed you get a full list of all your units press once to selected one and twice to zoom to it.

I feel awful...I havnt slept at all since I played Bizmark last night, still playing the damn game. Its far too much fun.

Bizmark game?

I havent even played campaign easy meat for you.

Sold out in game in liffey valley with 30 boxes on display.

kdjac

• Registered Users Posts: 7,136 ✭✭✭Pugsley

delly wrote:
    Have had a couple of online games now and the MP interface aint the best tbh. Now it could be just me but I'm not seeing any ping when checking servers, only the performance column which I presume is meant to be the same. Also ingame I can't see an interface to give info on pings or scores, but I presume I just haven't found it yet.
    Yea relic on-line is a disaster, one of the big things that will end up holding this game back imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,401 ✭✭✭shortys94

I have half life 2 running fine on computer, how would this game run>

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

We need to know more than that, what are the specs of the PC?

1.1 SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS

MINIMUM

• Windows® XP or Vista
    • 2.0 Ghz Intel Pentium IV or equivalent or AMD Athlon XP or equivalent
    • 512 MB RAM
    • 100% DirectX 9.0c compatible 64MB video card with Pixel Shader 1.1 support or equivalent and latest manufacturer drivers (see supported chipsets below)
    • DirectX® 9.0c compatible 16-bit sound card
    • 8x or faster CD-ROM drive or DVD-ROM drive
    • Keyboard, Mouse
    • 4.5 GB of uncompressed free hard drive space (We recommend having 1 gigabyte of of free space after installation)

RECOMMENDED

• 3.0 Ghz Intel Pentium IV or equivalent
    • 1 GB RAM
    • 256 MB NVIDIA GeForce 6800 series or better

REQUIRED FOR MULTIPLAYER:
    • 1 set of discs per computer
    • For 6-8 player multiplayer or skirmish matches, the Recommended System Requirements are strongly suggested
    • Internet (TCP/IP) and LAN (TCP/IP) play supported. Internet play requires broadband connection and latest drivers. LAN play requires network interface card and latest drivers.

1.8 AMD 1gb ram 1 6800 runs the game onMedium 1024 nicely, turning on SLI runs it at high.

Theres a performance test in the game, www.guru3d.com usually rips that out and makes it available as a standalone program. It really is a stunning looking game.

kdjac

• Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭hairball

wonder what it'll look like under dx10?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

hairball wrote:
    wonder what it'll look like under dx10?
    Exactly the same :confused:

The game would need to be rebuilt to take advantage of the Dx10 features.

• Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭hairball

i'm not sure about this but i thought the devs at some point had said they'd built it with dx 10 in mind aswell as 9.

I assume thats why its the first game (i've seen) with the fancy new 'games for windows' packaging. (though I couldnt find the specs section cause they moved it to the bottom)

also picked up some new ram (so now I have a gig worht of ram)

game runs so nicely now...so I can pump up the visuals a bit (was mostly on low...now on high)

Though its a pity my motherboard only has 2 ram slots :( could have had a gig and a 1/4 ram.)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,049 ✭✭✭BKtje

Finished the single player today. It looks to me like they will be doing other theaters as an expansion or whatever?

Game is so good and looks absolutely stunning at 1680 *1050 with everything on full. Only thing is that it seems to be a very basic aa. Circular things aint totally round even with it on "full" in game.

Time to give the multiplayer a go methinks. Airborne or infantry route seems to suit me best. I love sending squads of men from house to house to try and flank mg's and tanks. :D

thought i'll add these up cause I am an airborne nut and tend to agree with these:

http://www.rtsgamejunkie.com/?p=238
    http://www.rtsgamejunkie.com/?p=230
    http://www.rtsgamejunkie.com/?p=245

nice one, interesting read :)

bizmark wrote:
    Theres a small blue badge just above the main hud building/special ability section for the allies might be a different color for the Nazi if pressed you get a full list of all your units press once to selected one and twice to zoom to it.
    Thanks, don't know how i missed it.

• Advertisement

discovered something bizarre tonight

Condom is filtered on the swear filter in the lobby...but f*cking isnt.

just plain wierd.

BlitzKrieg wrote:
    discovered something bizarre tonight

Condom is filtered on the swear filter in the lobby...but f*cking isnt.

just plain wierd.

Censors are wrong mmkay kid's shouldnt be playing war game's and i shouldnt be treated like a child by nanny game dev's or who ever pushs this sh*te on us/them

u can disable the profanity filter anyways. Theres a button for it :)

I find it really hard to choose which doctrine to takee. They all pretty nice.
    Been using airbone/infantry and blitz the most tho.

its not a matter of disabling it...its jst plain wierd to censor condom.

relic name kdjac

ned ply 1st gme oline *hugs* onlin nw

kdjac

damn...bizmark is offline...If I could I'd kick him online for a 4v4 match or something.

Still havnt had a chance to kick another persons ass, everyone likes playing against the computer.

i aint played any skirmishes yet against the ai. Dont see the point apart from learning the online maps but u can do that just as well when ur getting ur ass kicked ;)

most of the online games i've played have been everyone ganging up against the AI, which are suprisingly alot of fun. (esp on the map:http://planetcoh.gamespy.com/screenshots/full_res.php?ss=112)

Which I love simply cause its an all out urban fight from beginning to end. Played 2 cracker of games on it, one with the axis where I learned to love 88s and Grenadiers. And one with the allies where we actually won despite the AI holding most of the territory (I held all of the territory south of the river bar the axis base, and my allies linked up to me. Everything else was Axis, we dug in built our forces and performed a Pincer from the north and the south. Good stuff.)

Want to play that map with all sides being human.

BlitzKrieg wrote:
    most of the online games i've played have been everyone ganging up against the AI, which are suprisingly alot of fun. (esp on the map:http://planetcoh.gamespy.com/screenshots/full_res.php?ss=112)

Which I love simply cause its an all out urban fight from beginning to end. Played 2 cracker of games on it, one with the axis where I learned to love 88s and Grenadiers. And one with the allies where we actually won despite the AI holding most of the territory (I held all of the territory south of the river bar the axis base, and my allies linked up to me. Everything else was Axis, we dug in built our forces and performed a Pincer from the north and the south. Good stuff.)

Want to play that map with all sides being human.

That was a great round :D static was still bitching at me for not building a wall and nearly costing us the match for 1 hour after the round ended in total victory :D

As for a 4 v 4 my pc wouldnt really handle it i limit myself to 3 v 3

• Advertisement

I must be getting better as I had a 4 game streak yesterday. I lost all four games, but a streak is a streak ;).

Advertisement