Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wii's graphics.

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,393 ✭✭✭✭Vegeta

mcgarnicle wrote:
    All this talk about great gameplay but it's not as though the 360 has bad gameplay. Most of the games I've played have had sharp controls and the joypad is arguably the best ever, I certainly think it is.
    All the hands on impressions I've read of the Wii were pretty much saying it was ok, not great. I don't deny that you need longer than a few minutes to get used to the new controls but to imply that just because the joypad is different that the wii will automatically have superior gameplay to the other consoles, before anyone here has even played the thing, seems a bit crazy to me.
    I'm not denying the wii could possibly have better gameplay but nobody here knows if it will or not and just saying it's ok that the gaphics aren't great cos the gameplay is so good is silly since all we know is the graphics, nobody has experienced the gameplay.

I think its the ol' PSP vs DS that people are basing there assumptions on

PSP is more powerful but DS is more fun or at least is selling a sh1te load of games anyway.

So while people cannot know how it will play they are hoping it will follow the DS trend of fun games

• Closed Accounts Posts: 163 ✭✭Darnell13

I think it's a case of whether you want to splash out on what you know will be good graphics, or you want to trust Nintendo's new innovation to be rewarding.

Given their innovations in the past, and the fact that they are willing to put all their next gen eggs in one Nunchuck-shaped basket I'm fairly confident that Wii will be very good indeed, despite never having played it.
    Certainly good enough to sacrifice some on-screen prettiness.

Having said that, it not like it'll be 8 bit graphics anyway. It'll still look real good. We've all seen screenshots by now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭Cunny-Funt

I'm not a console fan but I gotta say that Nintento have been very smart with how they are taking on the "next/current gen" market. Where as sony continue to **** up

• Registered Users Posts: 17,065 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

magick wrote:
    personally i think we are having the wrong conversation here, its not about the graphics of the wii but the games.

Are we ? Just because gameplay is more important doesnt mean we cant talk about graphics. They are important also.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭thebman

mcgarnicle wrote:
    All this talk about great gameplay but it's not as though the 360 has bad gameplay. Most of the games I've played have had sharp controls and the joypad is arguably the best ever, I certainly think it is.
    All the hands on impressions I've read of the Wii were pretty much saying it was ok, not great. I don't deny that you need longer than a few minutes to get used to the new controls but to imply that just because the joypad is different that the wii will automatically have superior gameplay to the other consoles, before anyone here has even played the thing, seems a bit crazy to me.
    I'm not denying the wii could possibly have better gameplay but nobody here knows if it will or not and just saying it's ok that the gaphics aren't great cos the gameplay is so good is silly since all we know is the graphics, nobody has experienced the gameplay.

I agree with you on that one. It could still turn out crap. We'll find out when it's released in US though how the final launch games are going to play which give us some idea of it the idea works or not than E3 impressions etc..

On a plus side Metroid Prime 3 now has a fixed reticle system or works more like a Pc FPS which means at least Wii is capable of it so if launch FPS suck, there is still some hope. Personally I think Red Steel and anything that plays like it with the moving reticle will play like crap.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,478 ✭✭✭magick

Tusky
    Are we ? Just because gameplay is more important doesnt mean we cant talk about graphics. They are important also.

over game play?

• Subscribers Posts: 6,408 ✭✭✭conzy

Why is everyone so worried about the Wii being less powerfull than the Xbox??

It isnt!

The Xbox had a Pentium 3 Celeron, and some Geforce 3 GPU, The Wii has a 700mhz Custom PPC CPU, and a 250mhz GPU based on the Radeon R520 architechture....

You cant even compare the xbox and the wii......

Advertisement