Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Parrot 3100 Bluetooth Carkit

Options
  • 22-09-2006 8:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭

Hey all.
    hi all,

I have a Parrot 3100 installed and wired up as far as i know correctly.

3100 connects with my k750i fine and synchs no problems,

I am using an ISO harness for the standard volvo stereo cables and the
    JVC stereo.

When i make a call the other person can hear me but i cant hear them, the
    stereo doesnt mute nor does the telephone mode on the stereo come on.

I have tried the 2 phone modes on the stereo and all 3 3100 mute cables
    but no good.

Can anyone advise of the solution to my problem , maybe splitting wires
    ect.

I have emailed Pattot, and posted on parrot and expansys's forums but no avail.

cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,536 ✭✭✭Pataman

Firstly the parrot mutes the speakers not the radio. You may have the connections to the radio and speakers reversed ie the sound of the person talking is going back into the radio no to the speakers, try changing them around. When I connected min to my volvo I used the blue push down connectors( dont know what you call them). They jopin to the cable without breaking the original cable.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭Smithers

i kinda know what ur getting at, any ideas of the colours u needed to chop and change,

did u use an iso connector block?

thanks fot he reply btw

i chaned all the cables and they are all passing through, the stereo works find with the iso and parrot speaker connection plugged in,

i am at a loss.

I though the mute cables muted the stereo while the car kit send the audio form the phone direct to the speakers?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,536 ✭✭✭Pataman

I didnt use the mute cable. I cant remember the colour code, i think parrot have an online diagram. I would disconnect the speakers again, note which go to the speakers and try splicing one of the output wires from the parrot to a pair. Remember the sound only comes out of the front speakers and the rear speakers go silent.

one of the terminals have pushed out of the plugs as they've been connected into, jammed it abck in and away we go, small yellow cable! phew , sorted, thanks for the advice

• Advertisement
Advertisement