Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom bugging me with calls

Options
  • 22-09-2006 8:41pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,395 ✭✭✭

Ever since i left eircom they have been phoning to get me to go back to them. Despite me telling them that I wouldnt go back to them if they were the last phone company on earth and not to contact again, after a while they do it again!

Mind you they are not the only one :mad: .

i am considering putting it in writing that i don't want them phoning up. What are my options: do i tell them that i will contact comreg or that i will consider it farrassment and take it furher as these calls are unsolicited

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,213 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Have a look at this:
    http://www.dataprivacy.ie/viewdoc.asp?m=r&fn=/documents/guidance/faqndd.htm

Contact your provider and get yourself taken off the cold calls list.
    Eircom will claim they are entitled to ring you as you were a customer of theirs and they are entitled to lure you back with their over-priced crap products and sudden 'valued customer' status.

Next one that rings, ask for their name. Tell them you have requested not to be contacted and ask for the name of their supervisor. Alternatively, say 'Just hold on a minute...' and leave the phone down and walk the dog.

ComReg are useless.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

spurious wrote:

Next one that rings, ask for their name. Tell them you have requested not to be contacted and ask for the name of their supervisor. Alternatively, say 'Just hold on a minute...' and leave the phone down and walk the dog.

Or you could ask them nicely to remove your number from the dialler. Or pm me and i'l look into it for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,359 ✭✭✭Access

Youre not alone!

And the feckers have rang me three times since!

Have a look Here

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,395 ✭✭✭Marksie

orla wrote:
    Or you could ask them nicely to remove your number from the dialler. Or pm me and i'l look into it for you.

i asked them several times Orla.
    But thanks :).. i will contact my current service provider and get it removed. and see what happens.

Great stuff folks and thanks for the links

I have just phoned the BT number and it is no longer in service.. the new customer care number is 1904

Advertisement