Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wicklow Collie

Options
  • 22-09-2006 9:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,952 ✭✭✭✭

I'm looking for a wicklow collie pub. I've been watching buy and sell and I've missed out on one or two, but sometimes they are not real wicklow collies. I assume that a wicklow collie is black and white border collie type dog with no brown bits, I know they are not an official breed but as far as I am aware that is what they look like I've had two in the past. (they both came from cavan for some reason lol)
    If anyone has pups or knows of upcoming pups please pm me as I'm prepared to wait for one.

thanks all, I've read the charter and searched boards for wicklow collie, but still I'm worried that i might be breaking a rule here, if so I am sorry.

Edit: It's ok I think i have one sorted now thanks all

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 488 ✭✭SuzyS1972

I was always under the assumption that a " wicklow collie " was just a nickname for a border collie - I certainly never saw them at Crufts or any show - can anyone elaborate

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,215 ✭✭✭FranknFurter

My mother has one, huge horse of a dog he was in his day (black with white ruff). Amazingly clever. His about 17 now semi-blind and semi-deaf but never had a days bad health in his life till then. :)

B

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,366 ✭✭✭luckat

As far as I know, Wicklow Collies are smaller than Border Collies, and are a distinct breed.

This address is listed on the Irish Kennel Club site, and I'm sure they could help:

All Ire. Collie & Sheepdog Soc.
    Mrs M. Timmins
    Ardross, Garristown, Co. Dublin
    (01-8354377)

Advertisement