Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

02 Accord 1.8 vtec power output

Options
  • 22-09-2006 10:14pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 81 ✭✭

What power does a 1.8 accord vtec put out?
    Is it a particularly heavy car and can the engine cope with the weight? What sort of economy should i expect?

What are the service intervals on this car? When is the t belt/chain due to eb changed?

Is there anything in particular i should look out for as i may be viewing one tomorrow. Any help gratefully appreciated

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭shayg1971

I had one until about 6 months ago. I can't give you the verbatim on the questions you ask. What I can say is that fuel economy is good, but not outstanding. Hondas generally go easy on the juice. I wouldn't say this is a particularly heavy vehicle, but the economy is good, not spectacular. But, I was the 3rd owner of a 5 yr. old vehicle, and that thing never let me down, never missed a beat, and never threw up a single expensive surprise at a service. Needed some oil top-ups from time to time (older Hondas do that too). Honda dealers advised 10,000Mi servicing intervals. Local (high quality) independent suggested 12,000. If the price is right - go for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,240 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

What power does a 1.8 accord vtec put out?
    Is it a particularly heavy car and can the engine cope with the weight? What sort of economy should i expect?

What are the service intervals on this car? When is the t belt/chain due to eb changed?

Is there anything in particular i should look out for as i may be viewing one tomorrow. Any help gratefully appreciated

The 1.8 VTEC Accord engine has 136bhp and the car weighs about 1400kg which is not overly heavy for a car that size. Economy is about average for this size engine. Servicing should be around every 12k miles and the timing belt should be changed every 40k to 50k miles imo. If the timing belt has already been changed then it should either be logged in the service history or alot of mechanics put a label somewhere around the engine bay saying at what mileage it was changed. Hondas in general are bomb proof and the Accord is no different. I had a 1994 Accord years ago and it never had any issues in 100k miles of driving.

Try and get the highest spec you can, in 2002 the basic model was the 1.8 S, it had electric front windows and mirrors, side air bags, remote central locking, cd player and air conditioning. The 1.8 SE had rear electric windows, electric sunroof, front fog lights, alloy wheels, front arm rest and climate control. The 2.0 SE had leather electric seats, traction control and cd changer. The 2.2 Type R is very rare.

The 1999 - 2003 Accord was only ever sold here in 4 door saloon so if your looking at a hatch back then it is a UK import. The very rare coupe is also a Jap import and some Jap import saloons are here but they look completly different to the Accord sold in Europe.

Advertisement