Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rear Spoke Replacement.

Options
  • 22-09-2006 10:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭

Need to replace spoke on rear wheel.

Broken spoke is on same side as the drive sprocket thingy so I need to get that off to get the spoke in.

How do I get the sprocket set off the wheel ?

Cheers.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,413 ✭✭✭✭Trojan

You need a chain whip and a lock ring tool.

Check out http://www.sheldonbrown.com/k7.html

I'm assuming Shimano hub - ymmv :)

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭11.3 SECONDS

Thanks Trojan.

Yes. Shimano hub.

The 2 tools will cost around 10-20 quid in Dublin. You can get 2 types of lock ring, one is like Sheldon shows there, an adaptor which is turned by a wrench. The other is a complete tool with an attached handle.

• Registered Users Posts: 48 billyk

if its a cheapish bike ie less than 300-400 euro its probably a screw on block and you wont need a chain whip just a shimano ug block remover about 12 euro

If it's a screw on, then surely the chain whip is required and the shimano lock nut is the one that's not? Am I missing something here? :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 48 billyk

if its screw on all ya need is a block remover tool and a big adjustable spanner

Advertisement