Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Top 20 Hair Metal Bands - Critize or Add Your Own Choice?

• 22-09-2006 10:15pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,382 ✭✭✭

For what its worth, taught id start this topic, its up to yourself really but this is my personal taste. do yourself a favour and look some of these bands up.

1. Poison
    2. Guns N Roses
    3. Motley Crue
    4. Faster Pussycat
    5. White Lion
    6. Warrant/Jani Lane
    7. Firehouse
    8. RATT/Stephen Pearcy/Arcade/Mickey Ratt
    9. Alleycat Scratch
    10. Mr Big
    11. Bad English
    12. Autograph
    13. Asphalt Ballet
    14. Michael Monroe
    15. Tigertailz
    16. Britny Fox
    17. Nitro
    18. Giant (look them up)
    19. Black N Blue
    20. Bulletboys

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭AlanOB

Skid Row should be in there, as should Cinderella. And Bon Jovi for their earlier stuff.

Other than that, pretty good list.

EDIT: Good work having Bad English in there by the way. Their self-titled album is awesome. But then again when Neal Schon is involved what do you expect?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Er where's Def Leppard? Or don't they count?

Mike.

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭AlanOB

Jeez yeah, Def Leppard! Should be in there for High N Dry alone.

L.A. Guns are another one that should be there come to think of it.

Warrant? Dokken? Actually its no surprise the was a hole in the ozone layer from about 1984! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,382 ✭✭✭Motley Crue

mike65 wrote:
    Er where's Def Leppard? Or don't they count?

Mike.

Def Leppard began in Sheffield in 1977 as part of the New Wave of British Heavy Metal. You wouldnt think it now, but if you listen to their debut album, 80s On Through the Night (however there was also a Def Leppard EP IN 1978) you can hear why Def Leppard were more in league with Iron Maiden then Winger
    mike65 wrote:
    Warrant? Dokken? Actually its no surprise the was a hole in the ozone layer from about 1984! :D

Warrant is 6th on the list. As for Dokken, like Def Leppard, they also formed in 1977 and although their image was somewhat "glam," their music was traditionally heavy with technical expertise. Good band, but I dont think they belong in this countdown
    AlanOB wrote:
    L.A. Guns are another one that should be there come to think of it.

Ill admit that was a mistake, theyve just had so many members in 23 years it would be hard to define an 'ultimate' lineup, but obviously Phil on vocals and Steve on drums and Tracii on Guitar would be a good place to start.

• Advertisement

Point taken about Def Leppard it was the intervention of Mutt Lange who turned them into a lite/hair-ish metal outfit with High 'n Dry and onwards to the point where they became very lightweight.

Mike.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,013 ✭✭✭SirLemonhead

Dokken, NOT hair metal? :confused:

The intro to In my dreams still makes me cringe :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

What?!?!
    No Europe!??!?!

Get the hell out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 atholl45

What about U2, they were class in their day (still are). The Edge has played some of the best anthems out there through the years. And they're 100% Irish, no USA crap.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 pmhate

Motley Crue best hair metal band ever!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23 atholl45

Motley Crew????? Shows how much you know, go find a topic you have knowledge on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 316 ✭✭LightofDarkness

atholl, you should probably just chime out, clearly you have no idea what's going on. Now while I have trouble calling most of the bands mentioned in this list metal, U2 are certainly far from it and while I certainly have no like of Motley Crue, I can probably say with certainty that they are and were more talented than U2. U2 don't even come in to this discussion. THEY HAVE NOTHING TO DO WITH METAL.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

I can see that this thread is going absolutely nowhere.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement