Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Scaffold price for hire

Options
  • 22-09-2006 11:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭

[/B)Hi Folks,

Have a house that just rented scaffolding off only got one price and think it is very steep.
    House is a dormer. There are three sides with one level of scaffolding 20metres +11 metres+20 metres and the back which is 5 metres in height and 11 metres in length.

Was charged 2200 for erection and removal plus 10 days rent and 250 per week after that. Have it about 7 weeks so going to cost me around 3800!

Am I being robbed?

AJL
    ]

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭ircoha

I dont think so but is it not all a bit academic now that the price is agreed?

I presume it is all fully boarded out

Do you need to think u are being robbed?

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭AJL

Well if it is very steep I will argue that this is too much and I need to get a lower overall price. Just trying to get a feeling if this typical cost. Yes it is all boarded out. If the total rent is 1800 then scaffolders are getting for two of them between 1500 and 2000 for max 2 days work. That is outlanidsh in my book.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭ircoha

AJL wrote:
    Well if it is very steep I will argue that this is too much and I need to get a lower overall price. Just trying to get a feeling if this typical cost. Yes it is all boarded out. If the total rent is 1800 then scaffolders are getting for two of them between 1500 and 2000 for max 2 days work. That is outlanidsh in my book.

I dont see how you can say this:

Have you ever run a business in this country?

They have to:

Buy the stuff at some point

replace broken/stolen/damaged pieces.

have serious insurance cover

transport the kit to and from your house, or did they bring it on the Luas?

Store it when not in use.

Pay all the costs of running a warehouse storage area.

When it gets brought back each piece is checked and cleaned to ensure it is fit for going out again.

Pay other staff.

Have a few bob for a pint.

I pay 230 euros per week for rent. I have no problem with this. The price of the erection and removal of the scaffolding is the problem. Is the insurance for each job they ticket? By the way the scaffolding owner is driving a brand new merc so giving the "ol few bob for a few pints" is a bit ridiculous!!

• Registered Users Posts: 664 ✭✭✭barry75

Hi AJL

I am renting my scaffolding at 1700 euro and then 180 euro per week.The house is a storey and a half in size.Your price seems a little high.Think it's better to rent than buy as your insurance wont cover you if there is a accident on site,and the scaffold is not put up by someone with a ticket.

• Advertisement

thanks Barry for your help.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

AJL - We purchase ours for a 2100 sq foot dormer between myself and my mate.
    I think I got a price of 1.25 a piece to rent per week and it was going to hit up on 3500 to rent it for the lenght of time we would have used it.

My mate bought most of it back off me and rents it out for 80c per piece now so the cost is well paid back.

Advertisement