Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

firmware/memory card question

• 23-09-2006 1:36am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,698 ✭✭✭✭

Simple question.

I have 2 memory cards.

If I install the latest firmware while one card is in the machine, then popped in a different card and i downgrade with that in it.

Would I go back to the later firmware if i pop the other memory card back in?

just curious cause I have 2 cards hanging around and wanna see about giving some demos a try but need to upgrade but dont want to loose my emulation.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 106 ✭✭Spuddie

Sorry man, cant be done !
    When you upgrade or downgrade you are writing to the flash memory, so which ever firmware version you upgrade to or downgrade to will stay the same no matter what memory card you have in it, even if you have no memory card in it !

Basicly, memory cards have nothing to do with firmware.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,698 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

ahh cheers...just discovered devhook so looking into that as a possible alternative.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 106 ✭✭Spuddie

Ah yes, good oul devhook, dunno what id do without it. You should be able to find it and set it up easy enough although sony have recently taken action over it. They claim that a part of devhook is illegal and ordered any site that has it to take it down immediatly or action will be taken. The creator of devhook, a guy called "booster", has gone pretty quiet ever since sony had words with him. He hasnt released another version of devhook ever since.

A couple of weeks ago, nearly every psp homebrew site had devhook but now most have taken it down. You still should have no problems finding and setting it up though. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,442 ✭✭✭weemcd

latest version of devhook has pretty much all you need, right up to 2.71 and im sure 2.8 wont be far behind.

• Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭juanjo

latest news in this boys, dark alex has made a port of devhook working on.... 2.71! yes the tiff xploit found has been used to enable the use of homebrew in 2.71, the problem is that it doesn't accept 1.5 homebrew but using devhook you can emulate firm 1.5 and use all the homebrew existent for it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,761 ✭✭✭✭Winters

I thought you can downgrade the 2.71 to 1.5 using the tiff exploit, no?

[edit] http://dl.qj.net/2.71-PSP-Downgrader-Downdater-(bugfix)-PSP/pg/12/fid/9746/catid/114

• Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭juanjo

yes my friend you can, if you don't own a doomed ta-082 motherboard! And there's loads of people who wouldn't downgrade cos of the bricking risks, without counting the ones who'd love to have the latest possible firmware working as default in their psp's, and being able to use all 1.5 homebrew.

Anyway the option is there, i'll stick with my old 1.5 with emulated 2.71 for the moment, but from the reports i've read it seems to work fine, run all the games, the homebrew and so.

Advertisement