Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

v upsetting dreams

• 23-09-2006 2:02am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 21

in the past 5 years both of my parents have died quite young and as you can imagine it's had a huge effect on me. but i thought i would dream about them after it happened both time and looked forward to having dreams with them in them, but it didn't happen, not until recently and it's been horrible. instead of having dreams of remembering them in a good way, as i imagined i would, lately i've been having some upsetting dreams about them. these are mainly ones where we're arguing and fighting each other and i feel such a sense of hatred between us in these, particularily between me and my mother, and i don't know where this is coming from. last nights one was terrifying and i woke up so upset because it felt so real. i was dreaming that i was going to bed and just falling asleep when i felt something and woke to find my mother over me trying to inject me in the neck with something to harm me. i was so scared and couldn't move and eventually woke myself out of it, but i'm upset that i'm having these kind of dreams about them. does anyone know what this is about or if anyone has had similar ones?
    thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,424 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

Although it's been 5 years, perhaps you haven't finished grieving over their loss? Maybe feel that there was something you should have done, or said before their passing?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 994 ✭✭✭kshiel

I dont know if anyone really gets over the loss of a loved one and especially a parent let alone two, maybe we just learn to deal with it. So let me say first how sorry I am for your loss. With greiving comes anger and a whole load of other emontional aspects to deal with. It might be that your dreams are just a way of showing your anger at this terrible loss. Can you talk to a friend or go to your GP and seek his advice on the dreams if it is effecting this way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 rubastar

thanks for that. obviously there would be things, both good and bad, that i would have liked to have said to them. but nothing so bad that would warrant the feelings of animosity and fear between us in these dreams. perhaps it's something that i do need to go through to get over it, but i just don't see how it's going to help in any way.

Advertisement