Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Is Black really Black ??

Options
2»

Comments

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,736 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

Stay on topic folks or it gets locked!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,253 ✭✭✭Sandwich

I'm still not clear - do metallic black diesels warm up quicker and with less clatter than normal black ones or not ?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,338 ✭✭✭sk8board

maidhc wrote:
    There is a theory that any turbocharged car should really be idled for a minute or so before driving. The manufacturers don't recommend it anymore, but I think it is a good idea.

(The above is not in support of sk8boards silly statements re diesels!)

BTW black metallic on a focus looks very black! A few years ford changed their balck colour from "ash black" to "panther black". The old colour was almost grey.

but, maidhc, this is exactly my point: "There is a theory that any turbocharged car should really be idled for a minute or so before driving. The manufacturers don't recommend it anymore, but I think it is a good idea."

thats all I was sayin :) Lets kill the tangent, and get back to the other tangent, of Focus Panther black .....

I think its the best colour on the focus by far (next perhaps to the seal gray), simply because of those silly gray plastic parts around the fog lamps; they stick out a lot, and takes away from silver and other colours

Advertisement