Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

USA on the ropes - is it all over?

• 23-09-2006 10:52am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,946 ✭✭✭

As I write we are 2up, 3up, 2 up and AS in the morning fourballs.

Are the yanks out of it?

Woods/Mickleson not playing well.

Looks like Woods will not play foursomes, based on his form this morning lets hope he does!

Assuming we win the first three matches we could be 5 matches up, is it all over??

Also, great to see Darren play so well!
    S

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭fred funk }{

Looks good at the moment, but its not over till Phil Michelson sings!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,726 ✭✭✭✭DMC

I asked this question on Ryder Cup Radio...
    DMC wrote:
    I've been listening all morning to you all describing Tiger and co. You were describing how Tiger has a "game face" on, his routine is disturbed by the sideshows around the event and doesn't seem to get into the spirit of the Ryder Cup.

Isn't this the reason why Woods, Mickelson and Furyk are #1, 2 and 3 in the world? That they have the game that wins them majors, while all the chumminess and camaraderie of the Europeans shows up that they don't have the steel to win Majors?

Silence for a few secs after that :D

The guys there said that the record shows that Europeans haven't won a major since 1999, only Olazabal has one a major in the European team. The US dude agreed with my comments, but really Sean Micheel, Ben Curtis have won majors as well, but they have won majors too, so the opportunities have been there for anyone to win if it arises.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,743 ✭✭✭yankinlk

slumped wrote:
    As I write we are 2up, 3up, 2 up and AS in the morning fourballs.

Are the yanks out of it?

S

Dont count your matches untill their hatched!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,408 ✭✭✭Dinarius

As long as Woosnam keeps picking Harrington, the USA have a chance.

If he turns this one round, I'll be very happy, but I doubt it.

He's playing pure crap. McGinley carried him round yesterday and Monty putted much better when not playing with Harrington in the afternoon.

D.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Harrington is having a 'mare, Clarke is great but stars of the show has to be the Spanish duo.

Monty will be back this afternooon, Harrington will needs to be dropped to gain an extra point which could put the tournament beyond the USA and so kill the Ryder Cup as an event for years to come! (only half-joking there).

Mike.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,408 ✭✭✭Dinarius

Totally agere on the Spanish duo.

Read somewhere last week that if the US lose, the selection procedure will definitely be changed. To what I'm not sure.

Any ideas?

D.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,946 ✭✭✭slumped

Dinarius wrote:
    Totally agere on the Spanish duo.

Read somewhere last week that if the US lose, the selection procedure will definitely be changed. To what I'm not sure.

Any ideas?

D.
    Maybe they will have to include South African players to help get them back on top the same way we needed to include Europe in 1979!

Imagine Els and co playing for the yanks!

S

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Two wins and half and a loss by the looks of it.

Mike.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭J.R.HARTLEY

slumped wrote:
    Maybe they will have to include South African players to help get them back on top the same way we needed to include Europe in 1979!

Imagine Els and co playing for the yanks!

S
    do you not think the size of their continent is enough to pick from:p , it's one of the reasons we expanded to europe, the US potential pool for players was from a public of 280 million people while GB&IRE was from about 60 million people

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,946 ✭✭✭slumped

do you not think the size of their continent is enough to pick from:p , it's one of the reasons we expanded to europe, the US potential pool for players was from a public of 280 million people while GB&IRE was from about 60 million people

switch your sarcasm setting to 'ON'!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,575 ✭✭✭✭FlutterinBantam

Europe are in the driving seat ,but this thing is not over by any means...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭J.R.HARTLEY

slumped wrote:
    switch your sarcasm setting to 'ON'!!
    :o
    i've heard that arguement in all sincerity before frightening eh? (an amalgamation of ryder and presidents cups with Africa on team U.S.A. and oz and asia on euro team)

Advertisement