Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

getting meaning from everyday life

Options
  • 23-09-2006 11:12am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,381 ✭✭✭

hi I'm just wondering how people get meaning from their everyday lives.

What's important to you? How do you live your life, and what guides you? Is it harder to live a spiritual life in modern day Ireland then it was 10 years ago or is it easier? I thought this would make an interesting thread as I am curious as to what guides other people most in their lives.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 226 ✭✭cinnamon

hi, for me if i have time I like to be close to nature, being by the sea, walking through the woods, climbing mountains - my whole being is refreshed after this.
    Learning new things is my main motivation and it's what makes me want to get out of bed!

Also I believe in the goodness of the universe and I love it when a stranger makes a gesture of kindness - it reaffirms my belief in mankind :)

The way I try to live my life is to look out for ppl and to hurt no living thing, I base my life on the principle of karma

Oh and not to be overlooked is sharing a funny moment / joke with someone - IMO a spiritual experience :D
    Is it harder to live a spiritual life in modern day Ireland then it was 10 years ago or is it easier?

I am more spiritual now than I was 10 years ago but thats because I am at a different stage of my life. I think spirituality is much more important nowadays because ppl are busier and are slaves to the rat race so that they need this outlet

• Registered Users Posts: 4,381 ✭✭✭snorlax

yeah i love nature too. especially a walk by the sea...the little robin that comes down looking for food or a lovely sunset :)

i would try and not hurt others but somtimes i find that impossible as some things are for the greater good.

I normally take a few moments for myself just before I got to sleep to meditate on my life at that point in time and to try and gain some perspective on it. I find sometimes my life is so busy it's hard to gain a minute alone so it is something I cheerish as I always seem to be surrounded by people.

21 isn't really an easy age to be spirtual at but i find myself becoming more so everyday and it gives me hope to keep going and help's me stay focused on the here and now. My mom has taught me to keep an open mind and that there is room for all faiths/ beliefs even ones we think we have nothing in common with.
    I believe people are essentially good, and that being decent to all people is an ideal i would love to achieve :).

• Registered Users Posts: 564 ✭✭✭cue

Interesting thread. I remember being struck by a sign on a wall which said "there is not a shred of evidence on this planet to say that life is serious". I always assumed that it just HAD to be serious. In order to find meaning, I imagine the universe conspiring to help me, and then just blasting me with infinite love when it gets too complicated. I find breathing very important, followed by laughter. Most everything else is just me being me.

Advertisement