Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Any benefit to update SIM card

• 23-09-2006 11:26am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,253 ✭✭✭

My SIM card is 6 years old. Are there any benefits in switching it to a new one?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

Bigger storage capacity. Better compatability with newer phones.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,869 ✭✭✭skearon

Sandwich wrote:
    My SIM card is 6 years old. Are there any benefits in switching it to a new one?

Newer SIMS can store more contacts
    If Vodafone or O2 it should support 3G as well

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 569 ✭✭✭failsafe

Newer Nokia's can only send texts with a 64k (i.e 2004ish onwards) sim.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

My dad has an eircell sim card from when he switched over from 088 to 087 (he tested out some of the first digital phones with Eircell with work) and it works no bother in his 6230. Unless your talking about much newer phones.

I've seen that the Motorola V535/V550/E550 and V620 have issues with 32k SIM cards. New Meteor and O2 ones for example. There's a software bug in which the phone stops receiving or sending messages until the phone is powered off and back on again.

That's about the only problem I'm aware of.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

6230 is a pretty old Nokia.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

There seems to be problems sending MMS's or making video calls with the old 16k sim cards.

What's the capacity of the newest SIMs used by Irish networks?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tree

being honest if anyone comes into teh shop w/ an old sim, id tell em to upgrade the sim if they were considering upgrading the phone coz they just dont work half the time

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,253 ✭✭✭Sandwich

Thanks all. I do seem to have a problem with MMS but never looked into it (with NOkia 6610, Siemens S65, and now Motorola SLVR) - guess the SIM could be the reason. Will get it changed and see how it goes.

• Advertisement
Advertisement