Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Site for critique/comment

Options
  • 23-09-2006 12:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,368 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    I was asked to produce this site, at relatively short notice. I hadn't done a site in a year or so. Anyway i tried to use CSS but got bogged down in the learning process so i borrowed a CSS outline from a Swedish guy Andreas Viklund. :o
    I haven't any idea how it loads or looks an any other computer screens only mine.
    So any comments pointers tips or thoughts etc. would be appreciated

the site is Counterfeit Art

thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 70 ✭✭vito

First thing to say is the menu links seem to change depending on what page you view.

Initial impressions are fine. Perhaps the H1 font size is too large (on ff anyway).

Also the first image on the homepage does not span the width of the element (again in ff) and seesm more aligned to the left whereas centered in IE. Not sure if this is by design.

H1 font changes depending on the page?

I would also consider reducing the font size for the menu.

Not a bad looking site. Needs a few tweaks to the allignments here and there and also need consistant fonts and navigation menu.

Hope this helps :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,368 ✭✭✭Fionn

hey thanks for taking a look!
    I did the menus that way because to my thinking there isn't really a need to have, for instance the gallery link in the menu if your on the gallery page and so on but i understand what your saying - it is something you'd notice ok, i kept checking was there something wrong when i was reviewing them. I think it may be because we're used to menus being static or in their own frame etc. I do rather like the simple uncluttered menu

the h1 was that size when i started out with not much content and perhaps it could be reduced somewhat, thanks for the heads-up on the different h1 fonts on some of the pages i'd never have noticed! i'll fix that soon
    i had problems with positioning on several pages and yep i'll have to read up on that, i was sort of pleased that the images were roughly centered and appeared to stay put, another thing for the to do list

thanks for the advice, much appreciated

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,923 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

if you want to 'exclude' a link from the menu then maybe grey it out rather than remove it altogether.
    Your privacy policy states "Access to this web site (www.) is subject to the following conditions:"
    If I look at the site without the www. am I not then subject to these conditions?

Maybe come up with a logo rather than standard text.

The site looks good all the same and should be much better following vitos sugestions.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,368 ✭✭✭Fionn

thanks for the comments kbannon
    the menu is low on my priority list at the mo, i'll take a look at it sometime in the future.
    Regarding the privacy policy how would anyone access it except through the world wide web, perhaps it should read access to this world wide web site i'm not sure really! it's one for the lawyers

i'm not sure what you mean by a logo. A logo to replace which text?

my one main concern is that all the images on the top of each page while seem ok layed out tend to bias ever so little to the left of centre in IE and in FF are banged over to the left alltogether.
    I don't know what top do about that

anyone got any ideas?

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,923 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

The text I was thinking of replacing for a logo could be either the banner text at the top or the text at top left. Either way the two different "Counterfeit Art" banners have different slogans.

The privacy policy reference I made was that to me it reads that the conditions apply if you use 'www' in the URL but if you go to http://counterfeit-art.eu/ (no www) then the conditions don't apply.

• Advertisement
Advertisement