Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Removing background from picture

Options
  • 23-09-2006 1:29pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 290 ✭✭

Dont know whether this is the right forum...

basically i would like to remove the background of a picture and keep the original main item.. if thats makes sense for example :

http://img58.imageshack.us/my.php?image=thunderbirdremadeqn6.jpg

i would like to keep the bird part but remove the background white section.. how do i go about doing this?

Many thanks to anyone who can help me solve this problem.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 902 ✭✭✭BreadBoard

;)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 290 ✭✭Tak3n

care to share how u did thaT?

Have you got PhotoShop?

yes of course, what do i use in photoshop and whats the method of doing it?

Very easy, just pick the colours you want to remove using the wand thing then using the brush tool clear it.

That make sense?

• Advertisement

gonna try now

ok, ive found the magic wand then selected the area.. what brush thing do i use? can u go into detail please im new to photoshop?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Clearing the shadow - alot easier in ms paint for something that basic, no offense but if thats photoshop you used to clear the shadow you did a poor job

can someone not just tell me how to do it instead of posting how easy it is..?

BreadBoard wrote:
    Very easy, just pick the colours you want to remove using the wand thing then using the brush tool clear it.

That make sense?

when i click the brush option, the clear option is grey and i cant select it.. ? solutions..?

• Advertisement

HavoK wrote:
    Clearing the shadow - alot easier in ms paint for something that basic, no offense but if thats photoshop you used to clear the shadow you did a poor job
    lol, I did it in a hurry. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

simple and easy way

go to layer > new layer, and drag it under the current one (if it wont let you drag it under because the current layer is "background", duplicate the "background" layer and delete it!)

use the magic wand to select the white area (if you wish to select any extra areas, hold shift while clicking to "add" to the selection)

click delete.

the kind of boxy-background you see is the layer underneath. if you save it as a .GIF it'll be transparent on the web :)

simple and easy way

go to layer > new layer, and drag it under the current one (if it wont let you drag it under because the current layer is "background", duplicate the "background" layer and delete it!)

use the magic wand to select the white area (if you wish to select any extra areas, hold shift while clicking to "add" to the selection)

click delete.

the kind of boxy-background you see is the layer underneath. if you save it as a .GIF it'll be transparent on the web :)

thankyou :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 mizwizzy

just use the magic eraser tool in Photoshop CS2.... simple !!! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭fifth

I use Paint shop pro - background eraser, does exactly what its supposed to!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,142 ✭✭✭TempestSabre

funkyflea wrote:
    I use Paint shop pro - background eraser, does exactly what its supposed to!

What version?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,142 ✭✭✭TempestSabre

Tak3n wrote:
    can someone not just tell me how to do it instead of posting how easy it is..?

Why do you have photoshop if you don't know how to use the very basics of it? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 476 ✭✭Pablo

Does anyone have any links to some good Photoshop (CS) tutorials ?

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭dave_brent

http://brandsoftheworld.com/search/?query_id=3671734&page=1&mtype=&brand_id=130883

this will give you a.eps file of the thuderbird logo!!

you will need vector bases program to open it!!

Advertisement