Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Water feature, green algae

Options
  • 23-09-2006 2:41pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭

I have a water feature which consists of a granite sphere with a hole in the middle sitting over a 100 gallon fibre glass tank.
    The tank is buried in the ground.

The water is pumped up through the stone and it flows down over it.
    Stone is layered with green "stuff"

I have tried to control the green stuff with one of the filtration thingies c/w UV light but it is not working.

One problem is that it says u cant look at the bulb to see if it working!

Is there any substance I can put in the water to stop the growth?
    Any other ideas?:)

edit: I want to stop the green stuff growing, I can clean it off.
    Anyone know the stuff SB is referring to?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,834 ✭✭✭Sonnenblumen

Turn WF off and mix a little salt with water and gently scrub granite sphere with salt/water mix. Alternatively a power wash will rapidly remove all traces of greening.

Some people like the greening effect, suppose comes down to preference. There is also a granular material used for keeping ponds clear which I suppose you could add to water, but sorry cannot recall name.

Advertisement