Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help ID'ing this houseplant please?

Options
  • 23-09-2006 3:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 21,469 ✭✭✭✭

I've had this plant for ages. It was originally given to me by my (long since departed) mum before I headed off to university, so it has a certain special importance to me too. It's come pretty close to death a good few times because of less than careful watering by people looking after our house, being attacked by various bugs and diseases, or just plain neglect but each time I've managed to take some cuttings off it, pop them in some water to get some roots going and resurrect it.

I've always thought of it as a (semi-)succulent because the leaves are quite glossy, and when it's healthy, quite 'puffed up'. When it's in need of water they go a bit limp by way of letting you know. It has been known to grow small spikes of rather unspectacular white flowers from time to time as well.

Thing is, I've never known what it's called, so can anyone help?

plant1ot5.th.jpg plant2ny7.th.jpg

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭ircoha

The links to the pictures contain spyware according to my anti ...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,834 ✭✭✭Sonnenblumen

Yeah second that Ircoha, what are you at Alun ?:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭Irish Gardener

• Registered Users Posts: 21,469 ✭✭✭✭Alun

The links to the pictures contain spyware according to my anti ...
    The images are hosted at Imageshack, a fairly commonly used free image hosting site both on this site and elsewhere. Possibly some over zealous anti-spyware software?

Anyway, thanks for the help Irish Gardener, that's the one!

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 7,685 Mod ✭✭✭✭delly

Imageshack is one of the most common hosting services for pictures on the net and i've never had a problem with it. Unless you anti spyware is picking up the popup and reading it wrong, there certainly isn't a problem here.

• Advertisement
Advertisement