Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dream Theater Covering Pantera

• 23-09-2006 4:21pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 936 ✭✭✭

Check it! Fantastic version till Burton C Bell turns up :( Luckily Dave Mustaine saves it :D

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

Wow. That was excellent. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,822 ✭✭✭Morf

Liked that. Yes Burton was crap. Dave's solo was good

Morf wrote:
    Liked that. Yes Burton was crap. Dave's solo was good

Burton couldn't keep in Harmony with James LaBrie, it sounded rather grating.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 456 ✭✭Arucard

i didnt like James' vocals on the opening, but apart from that he was quite good. Burton C was absolutely terrible, whose genius ****in idea was it to let him sing?? and i wasnt so mad on Daves solo. it wasnt terrible, just quite meh, and i would have loved to have seen Petrucci play it.

Unarguable Fact #1: Petrucci > Mustaine

Arucard wrote:
    Unarguable Fact #1: Petrucci > Mustaine

Hmmph... I was about to say something, but I think you could be right about it being unarguable.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

Wow Burton C was AWFUL!!

Good cover apart from that though. I love Dream Theaters covers, I really wanna get my hands on Dark Side of the Moon!

• Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 12,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭cournioni

Jesus! I could have sang that better than BCB... Great cover, very good to see!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,967 ✭✭✭Pyr0

Wasn't mad about mustaine solo at all, the singing isn't great either

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,630 ✭✭✭gline

yeh great cover... love the song

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,658 ✭✭✭Patricide

Burton c bell shouldnt have tried to half scream and half scream it he should have done one or the other i mean he can sing and he can scream but god that was awefull, also mustaine made one monumental **** up of the solo which is also kinda weird. All the guys from dt did a great job though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭Somnus

I wish Dream Theater would come here :(

Dr.Poca wrote:
    I wish Dream Theater would come here :(

Wish harder damnit, I'd like to see them too!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,403 ✭✭✭spiritcrusher

You gotta go to London to see them usually, I think. That's what I did. I thought they played here on the Six Degrees... tour though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭Somnus

Was thinking about going over to see them if they dont come here on their next tour.

Did any one here sign that online petition for them to come to Ireland? and do you think it would have any affect?

Dr.Poca wrote:
    Did any one here sign that online petition for them to come to Ireland? and do you think it would have any affect?

I think I signed it... Don't really know what effect a petition would have though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭dimerocks

that is pretty doom good alright!

Advertisement