Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Connecting DVD player and PC to these speakers?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭mathias

According to the spec in the link for the speakers you have both an optical in and a co axial in , your DVD player should have at least one of these as an output , use one of these for the DVD as this will give you 5.1 sound for your movies.

The RCA phone will only give you stereo and would be a waste.

Use the 6 channel direct input from your PC's soundcard to connect the PC.
    ( this will be 3 cables , two channels on each cable and they have mini jacks )

• Closed Accounts Posts: 190 ✭✭shakenbake

Thanks Mathias.

I should probably say I don't have a 5.1 sound card. So I take it the only (wastefull) way to do it, is to get a phono-2-jack cable and hook it from my sound card into that converter I posted in the link?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭mathias

Exactly how old is your soundcard , most motherboards and soundcards have been 5.1 enabled since the soundblaster live which is nearly 10 years old ?
    Are you absolutely sure your soundcard is not 5.1 ?

Either way , Six channel or no , your soundcard will plug directly into that system , there is no need for that converter to connect anything to that system.

Use the optical or the co axial for the DVD , the soundcard from the PC connects directly.

Also , the cables to connect your PC are included in the speaker package ,( they are listed in the contents as 6 channel direct ) the optical ( or coaxial) cable for the the DVD is not so you will have to buy this separate.

Advertisement