Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

B&W Conversion technique!

• 23-09-2006 8:29pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,728 ✭✭✭

The first thing you need to do is find the image you want to use. It is handy if its not close up and would have plenty of color anyway(so you can tell once you make it B&W)

For this tutorial I will be using this image:

imagejg2.jpg

Theres not much colour but its not close up and I will be using the yellow t-shirt so it will have a good contrast.

Ok, so here goes!

1. Zoom in on the selected area you are going to use and select the "Edit in Quick Mask Mode" tool, Keyboard shortcut (Q)

2. Once that is selected pick a soft brush amd start to brush over the yellow areas of the t-shirt until it is fully covered.
    It should look something like this:

(you will have more time to go over it cleaner ;))

image3qv7.jpg

3.Then click "Edit in Standard Mode" Keyboard shortcut (Q) This should give you a selection of everything but the yellow t-shirt

It should look like this:

image4bd7.jpg

4.Now go Image>Adjustments>Hue/Saturation, keyboard shortcut (ctrl+u) Now put the saturation all the way done to 0. Then to make it so it has a high contrast go Image>Adjustments>Curves keyboard shortcut (ctrl+m) and set it to your own liking (high contrast by making a S curve)

It should look like this:

image5ti3.jpg

image6ws2.jpg

5. Now to finish it! This time on the t-shirt to give it more contrast!

Go Select>Inverse Keyboard shorcut (ctrl+shift+i) This should select only the inside of the t-shirt. Repeat step 4. This time adding saturation I used 25 but you can use what you like then use curves for extra contrast!

It should look something like this:

imagefinishqt2.jpg

Network with your people: https://www.builtinireland.ie/

Advertisement