Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Mens Style

• 23-09-2006 9:54pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 16

Does anyone know where is good to read up on mens style. I find that Im in a bit of a rut at the moment and when I look in the shops everything is mad brightly colored (which mostly doesnt suit me because of my complexion).

A bit of color is grand but I would feel very self-concious walking around in a bright colored shirt not because of people just because I dont think it suits me. So where can I get info on everything from the basics of what colors go with what, all the faux pas and some up to date style info.

Ive got a wedding in a while and Ive to get a shirt and tie for it, any suggestions on colors to go with a black suit?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,221 ✭✭✭abetarrush

Black suit?

Pure white shirt and a silvery tie

I did the same, but white shirts are borin, so got one with a shiny design on it, looks great

white or pink are the best for a black suit

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,930 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

black suit, and go with a black shirt with white stripes or some other design. looks grand

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,818 ✭✭✭Bateman

I was at a wedding recently, got a decent suit in M&S, plain white shirt, and plain gold tie. Bought a few ties at the time, went for the gold tie over a silver one and a purple one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭Rb

Theres a mens fashion section in most mens magazines. It's really up to you to find your own style but theres loads of help available if you're having difficulties.
    A lot of stores will have personal shoppers. If you book in with them, they'll spend a good deal of time helping you pick stuff that suits you and making sure you're happy leaving the store.
    Theres also staff in every store, don't be afraid to ask them for advice or whether or not something suits you!And since you're a guy, the female sales assistants will be more than willing to give you their opinion. Or if you're somewhat shy, you could just ask the male sales assistants. They're there to help you, the customer, so use them.
    Another way you could go about it is by asking a female friend to go shopping with you, they love it and you'll get the feedback you need.

Oh and don't worry about the bright colours btw, it's now Autumn/Winter so most lines will either have or be bringing out mostly darker colours to their products.

Advertisement