Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sick of it

Options
  • 23-09-2006 10:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭

Don't know how much more of this rubbish I can stomach.

Normal service has resumed after last year's over achievment.

Think I'm gonna focus more time on non-spurs related things, All things Tottenham have become too much of a pain in the arse to be worth it.

The glass is most definately half empty tonight

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

I feel your pain Shane, just in the door from Anfield.

I've only ever left two games early in thepast, both were because I was tight for time on flights. Today I left at 78 minutes because I couldn't watch the drivel any more.

That said, only the loss to Everton and the failure to get all 3 points at home to Fulham are genuinely poor, all the rest of the results are as I'd have expected. A win against Slavia and points against Pompey and we'll be back on track.

Believe.

I've thought about this a bit more, and you know this ain't a criticism of you Shane (you've been to more games as a memebr than I have with me ST)...

I support the team, not the result or even the performance. Yeah I get f*cked off at times watching highly paid wasters put in little or no effort while I'm killing myself to make it over game after game, but its the overall package that attracts me...the atmosphere for away trips, the few pints pre-game in the Brickies, the inevitable slagging from Pool/ManYoo/Gooner mates, the walk up the High Road for a match at the Lane...that doesn't change, regardless of who's playing/managing...

We're not Boro or Bolton in disguise, we don't play in front of a half empty stadium week after week. Don't lose heart. Believe.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭Dublin Spur

I will always love the routine of a match-day, and last season for the first time in years, I the pleasure for watching a decent team and enjoy trip shananigans equally. We were winning more then we were loosing, scoring more then we were conceding, now, with no apparent major reason we're back playing the kinda **** football that we are all used to aver the past 15 years.

I'm not as gloomy now as I was on Saturday, but I'm very very pissed off at the way standards have slipped so massivley in the space of a few months.

I will continue to go, it's too late to change the habit of a life time now. But if Spurs were a bird, we'd be divorced and I'd have a barring order out on her.

Just goes to show...football > women...FACT.

:D;):p

• Registered Users Posts: 6,946 ✭✭✭SuprSi

I have to admit to feeling very disheartened at the moment as, despite the fact that our results have been absolutely crap, I don't see where the light is coming. Berbatov is out for weeks, as is Lennon, and I've just heard a rumour that King was transported off the training ground due to an injury. If he goes, we're rightly screwed. We've no easy games coming up, and on current form playing at home seems to make no difference.

If we lose another two or three games in the next 4 I can't see us getting the season back on track as Spurs never put winning runs together.

• Advertisement
Advertisement