Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Buying bathroom stuff in Northern Ireland

Options
  • 23-09-2006 10:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭

Folks,

Need t kit out my house with bathroom suites for 2 bathrooms and one ensuite as well as tiles, etc. Thinking of going to NI to do this to try and save money. Anybody gott experience and can point me in the right direction of a couple of good bathroom centres. DId you save much money? Was the hassle worth it?
    Travelling from Kildare.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 cooksock

In my experience most things are cheaper in Northern Ireland. However I have noticed that hombase prices are pretty much the same, taking into account the exchange rate. i.e I have bought tiles in homebase in the south for 7.49 sq m and they are 4.99 pounds in the north. However, I am not sure about B and Q or argos. My advice is to go to Belfast to the Boucher Rd, which is easily accesible from the Dublin motorway. Most of the DIY stores you want are there. Not all are open on Sunday (all the multiples are). Try the Belfast bathroom centre, B and Q, the Door Store etc. You would probably need a decent sized van to load stuff into, but it might be worth calling B and Q first and seein if they have the bathroom suites available to take away there and then or if they need to order it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 clearview

how did you go!!!
    was it worth it or not
    I am in similar situation now
    J:confused:

Advertisement