Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bread

• 23-09-2006 10:38pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 16

Hi Guys,

I was wondering if people could use a low carb/low GI alternative to bread or different types of bread etc?

A.Anon

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,800 ✭✭✭county

are you looking for a recipe or just posing the question?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 A.Anon

Hi Country,

I had never even thought of the recipie idea but he why not, ideally it would be gluten free too so my sister can make it too.

Do you know of any alternatives that I dont have to make myself?

A

• Registered Users Posts: 6,800 ✭✭✭county

just google low carb bread and you should find what your looking for

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 A.Anon

LOL cheers for the feedback but kinda missing the point. im looking to see if anyone out there actually knows of brands and where they can be bought or other types of bread that might have lower carbs and most importantly how they taste

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,730 ✭✭✭sudzs

The healthfod shop in Newcastlewest sells spelt bread! And it tastes great!!!

It's made from spelt flour which has higher protein content and a lower GI than wheat.

Not sure if it's gluten free though... ?

Have you had a look in the Polish/Eastern European shops that are everywhere? They usually have fantastic rye bread!

• Advertisement
Advertisement