Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

IR remote control

• 23-09-2006 11:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭

Does anyone know of a way to control TV's through the infra red on mobile phones, saw it on a nokia ages ago... would love to get it working on a samsung or siemens... would some sort of java applet work?

any help would be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,212 ✭✭✭wba88

its not a java app. as far as i now it only works on symbian nokia phones. its called ir remote and its made by psiloc i think

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,820 ✭✭✭flodis79

Gringo wrote:
    Does anyone know of a way to control TV's through the infra red on mobile phones, saw it on a nokia ages ago... would love to get it working on a samsung or siemens... would some sort of java applet work?

any help would be greatly appreciated.

I don't think it will work because the ir circuit included on the mobile phones is too limited. that's what I experienced on a smartphone anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,253 ✭✭✭Sandwich

Dont think you will succeed. As far as I know there are two main lstandards of IR. The one used in phones/PDAs is just much weaker than that use in TV remotes etc. With the right software you might get it working but only within a very close range of the reveiver - I think 1m or less.

Advertisement