Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help with chello?

• 24-09-2006 1:22am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,946 ✭✭✭

Hey guys, i've been trying to find posts on this explaining whats up, but every post i came across seemed everyone was in the know...

I was sorting out my network and my DNS-Suffix had : chello.ie after it...

What are the advantage/disadvantages of 'chello'?

Im with NTL, i dont download much, i only play games...

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 994 ✭✭✭JNive

NTL was bought by Liberty Global and is being run under its subsidiary UPC, as part of its european cable internet brand 'chello' . Start of August saw the migration of the NTL system over to the chello network.

Chorus was bought out before NTL also by Liberty Global, and both Chorus and NTL will eventually be merged into the same network, run on the Chello Brand by 'UPC Ireland'

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

The advantage is that eventually it will all work better, esp. for Chorus TV viewers.

And also obviously you are no longer with NTL. The USA bit went into Ch 11 a long ago. The UK bit of NTL and Telewest have merged.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,946 ✭✭✭red_ice

ahhh, are these the chaps that everyone was going on about last year that are going to be the first to bring 24meg cable to ireland? 'before christmas'

• Closed Accounts Posts: 458 ✭✭juliuspret

red_ice wrote:
    ahhh, are these the chaps that everyone was going on about last year that are going to be the first to bring 24meg cable to ireland? 'before christmas'

But on 24Mbit/s you'll be allowed the generous traffic transfer of 1GB a day...:rolleyes: :D :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,946 ✭✭✭red_ice

is it time to boycot NTL?

hmmm...

• Advertisement
Advertisement