Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Transformers - 2007 movie (MERGED)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,510 ✭✭✭sprinkles

Speedway wrote:
    am i the only one thinking hmm a new transformers movie - HOW BAD?!

theyre making an effort to bring back the transformers, it appears that they are TRYING to to stay faithful to the G1 series in ways. it's a new movie that at least is going to look great. i can't wait to see it, maybe they'll mess it up, OR maybe they won't. who cares if prime is 0.313mm shorter than he was in the G1 series or blah blah what ever else.
    Yeah sure, they are doing a great thing. Transformers are coming back to our screens but as for TRYING to keep the G1... are you insane. They have changed nearly everything as far as I can see.

TBH I don't really mind as long as it's a good movie and keeps the same general feeling but judging from the comments from Michael "everything I touch turns to sentimental patriotic cr*p" Bay it sounds more like a "promotional tool" for the US Army - His words not mine. Pearl Harbour anyone?

The thing is, the general premise (forgetting the history of Transformers for a second) of having giant transforming robots fighting each other on earth is an amazing one for an action movie. It has everything and could be an amazing film. Add to that the fact that there's a whole back catalogue of stories, character development, robots we actually care for (which if this was a stand alone film you wouldn't have) etc means that this film could be superb. However, imho I think the direction they are taking is not a good one. I truely hope I am wrong and I am willing to give it every chance.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,988 ✭✭✭constitutionus

in fairness the intimation has been that they want to do a spidey with this where in we could get 4 to 6 films or more if the demands there. if thats the case we could have a lovely thing like xmen where we could introduce a whole host of subplots to be addressed over the series. my own opinion would be to do something along the target 2006 to time wars thing. but at all costs unicron should be kept till the last film. ya just cant top that guy.

though that said i'd be worried about the wrong director or studio politics ****ing it up ala the last stand. dont get me wrong it was an ok film but as a cinematic version of the phoenix saga it was a travasty in terms of character development and plot resolution. it shouldve been scott a the end, not wolverine. and jean shouldve killed half the united states to underscore how dangerous she was before topping herself

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

I wonder if they'd ever do a a spider-man / transformers crossover like they did in the comics? ha... probably not.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

I wonder if they'd ever do a a spider-man / transformers crossover like they did in the comics? ha... probably not.

i dunno man, the complete void of idea's that hollywood currently has and it's new found love for ruining comic books could mean this kind of movie cropping up in future. though i doubt they'd start with two huge franchises like that (too much money)... plus, we've already seen alien vs predator!

i take it everyones seen the prelim pics of jazz for the new film? im crap at links but you shouldve no problem seeing em at seibertron.com in the news section.

im kinda conflicted, im seeing jazz in the legs and the visor, and even the helmet to a degree but the chest looks too flat. jazz to me always has a big chest (kinda like my women :D ) so hopefully the later iterations of the designs will incorporate it. i was in two minds about the clawed hand thing but it looks quite good in the design.

i know alot of people have problems with the designs for this film but i really dont mind so much if they keep true to the spirit of TF and jazz seems to be the most true translation of the lot of them

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 216 ✭✭Belle Ende

sprinkles wrote:
    Yeah sure, they are doing a great thing. Transformers are coming back to our screens but as for TRYING to keep the G1... are you insane. They have changed nearly everything as far as I can see.

TBH I don't really mind as long as it's a good movie and keeps the same general feeling but judging from the comments from Michael "everything I touch turns to sentimental patriotic cr*p" Bay it sounds more like a "promotional tool" for the US Army - His words not mine. Pearl Harbour anyone?

I think the direction they are taking is not a good one. I truely hope I am wrong and I am willing to give it every chance.
    Yes indeed.

Michael Bay just does 'dumb and explodey'. He doesn't do 'good'.
    An opportune time to post the lyrics for "The End Of An Act" from the 'Team America' movie:

I miss you more than Michael Bay missed the mark,
    When he made Pearl Harbor.
    I miss you more then that movie missed the point,
    And that’s an awful lot girl.

And now, now you've gone away,
    And all I'm trying to say,
    Is Pearl Harbor sucked and I miss you

I need you like Ben Affleck needs acting school,
    He was terrible in that film.
    I need you like Cuba Gooding needed a bigger part,
    He's way better then Ben Affleck.
    And now all I can think about is your smile,
    And that ****ty movie too,
    Perl Harbor sucked and I miss you

(Interlude)

Why does Michael Bay get to keep on making movies.
    I guess Pearl Harbor sucked,
    Just a little bit more then I miss you.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭hellboy99

Here's Jazz

4418245175325074b9.jpg

and here's a pic of concept work in placemarker form

catr.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭V9

the most decent of all the designs, still not mad on the decepticon designs, megatron just looks plain wrong.

Megatron really is bad, looks like something that came out of a swamp. I think Optimus is a bit femine looking too, he could do with eating a few Energon Cubes :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,836 ✭✭✭Vokes

Hey, just reading the film's Wiki entry and reading up on the sizes of the various Autobots.

So Prime, Ironhide and Rachet are 28, 26 and 24 ft tall.

Bumblebee is 17ft.

And Jazz, at 15ft, is the smallest :eek: That can't be right :/

Plus, if you're around Detroit next week - they need Extras!

Awesome, would love to be stomped on (in the film) by Megatron or someone :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,511 ✭✭✭Rozie

Beast Wars were different characters though, and it WAS a very good cartoon, not total drivel. And they still looked like Transformers. The fan reaction is vaguely similiar, and the fact that it's a different kind of Transformers, but little else, really. Beast Wars was never seeking to replace the original like this movie is, but build onit.

I just watched an episode, where they're being attacked by the Ark, and they can't seem to make a hole in it.

Rattrap says "This wasn't built - it was poured!"

Optimus Primal just turns to the screen and says "Diecast construction - it's a lost art". I burst out laughing.

Anyway, Beast Wars was clever, witty, visually entertaining and endearing and didn't use any G1 characters(apart from Ravage).

Rozie wrote:
    Beast Wars were different characters though, and it WAS a very good cartoon, not total drivel. And they still looked like Transformers. The fan reaction is vaguely similiar, and the fact that it's a different kind of Transformers, but little else, really. Beast Wars was never seeking to replace the original like this movie is, but build onit.

I just watched an episode, where they're being attacked by the Ark, and they can't seem to make a hole in it.

Rattrap says "This wasn't built - it was poured!"

Optimus Primal just turns to the screen and says "Diecast construction - it's a lost art". I burst out laughing.

Anyway, Beast Wars was clever, witty, visually entertaining and endearing and didn't use any G1 characters(apart from Ravage).

and megs, and starscream, and prime :D

but yeah it was more reverential than a retelling. interesting note it wasnt meant to have any link at all to the original series but developed that way as they went along.
    the agenda was a really good storyline. have to admit im pissed they dont release the whole series in ireland. the selection you can get is all out of order. and it just plain sucks you cant see the resolution to the agenda storyline. still did manage to pick up the nemesis finale. damn good viewing if you can get it. and by furman to boot! the guy packet so much in that last episode its unreal

This quasi-popular photoshop I've done pretty much sums up how I feel about the movie:

transformers.jpg

Also check this video out -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2OhIqYWRkiA

Note to "he's a fast truck". Woo! I created a meme.

on a kinda related item i was over at seibertron.com in the news section and theres a link to an interview with peter cullen.

get this ,the guy didnt know he had a fan base:eek: he never even got any fan mail! in fact the first he knew he had fans was when he read they were doing the new movie and was told the fans were campaigning to get him and welker to reprise their roles!!

i cant believe that, to everone i know who watched TF he is the definative prime. you'd think with a fandom as big as ours at least one of us wouldve sent him fanmail.

transformers32sh9.jpg

A Megatron with a face like this looks FAR better (but could still be improved a lot in my estimation) than the garbage-alien design that they've already come up with.

That Cybertron is really funky looking! I love it! Where did you get that pic?

TBH I kinda like the idea of Cybertron being a "Cyborg" planet as opposed to a totally metal one. The thought of a totally robotic/metallic planet just seems a bit meh to me. No trees!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,599 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

Belle Ende wrote:

A Megatron with a face like this looks FAR better (but could still be improved a lot in my estimation) than the garbage-alien design that they've already come up with.

looks like a faker baker pic, megatron looks like maximus from gladiator!

faceman wrote:
    looks like a faker baker pic, megatron looks like maximus from gladiator!
    Of COURSE it's fake.

Belle Ende wrote:
    Of COURSE it's fake.

You know it's a sorry state when just about every fake picture is preferable to the real one.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 954 ✭✭✭DarthWraak

You could nearly visualise a big fcuking decepticon charging down those streets crushing everything! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

i cant believe that, to everone i know who watched TF he is the definative prime. you'd think with a fandom as big as ours at least one of us wouldve sent him fanmail.

Lets write a fanletter from all of us here together (start a new thread?) to send to him so he may know that in Ireland he is on par with jesus christ, santa and dustin.

Wish they'd have done him like this -

Movie_concept_Optimus_Primemed.jpg

I really love that design :( If you just tint the legs blue it's perfect.

i agree, thats what Optimus should look like, not a Bionicle :mad:

I don't get that at all. Moreover, the way a large portion of the fanbase mercilessly defends them(the TF fanbase has to be one of the most gullible in history, probably abused child syndrome after putting up with Hasbro's **** for so long) is bemusing.

Apparently, the reason they look so weird and can't have human faces is that they have to look alien - same for the body type.

Yet when you say that they should use Alternator/Masterpiece like designs, they say that's not possible because they wouldn't have a free range of movement; i.e. move like humans.

I mean, wtf? These things may look more "alien" in their general messiness and scariness but they still have an overall shape that's more similiar to humans(or a human wearing armour anyway) than the older, more robotic looking TFs.

Rozie wrote:
    Wish they'd have done him like this -

Movie_concept_Optimus_Primemed.jpg

I really love that design :( If you just tint the legs blue it's perfect.
    I propose we name you the new director of the film and burn everything that has been done so far..... (incl Mr Bay)

hellboy99 wrote:
    i agree, thats what Optimus should look like, not a Bionicle :mad:

that's exactly what they look like... bionicle! couldn't figure it out at all...

• Registered Users Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭6th

Not sure if tyhis has been popped up here yet but I got it emailed to me:

[IMG][/img]OPtimushead.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 28,839 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

I don't care what Michael Bay says, it's just not Transformers. :(

IMO things went downhill after Megatron died and Galvatron was born...

• Advertisement

6th wrote:
    Not sure if tyhis has been popped up here yet but I got it emailed to me:

[IMG][/img]OPtimushead.jpg
    Where did you get that?? Where was it taken?

Advertisement