Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Transformers - 2007 movie (MERGED)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

sprinkles wrote:
    Where did you get that?? Where was it taken?

and why couldn't whoever designed that design the other transformers?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

It looks like a giant Transformer Decoy

BumblebeeDecoy.jpg

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,599 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

Sounds like this film could be an X-Men3... some love it some hate it.

reserve judgement until we see it tho!

I dont care if the characters dont look like the original cartoon as long as the film is damn good.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,510 ✭✭✭sprinkles

faceman wrote:

I dont care if the characters dont look like the original cartoon as long as the film is damn good.
    Get out!

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭6th

sprinkles wrote:
    Where did you get that?? Where was it taken?

Ok asked the guy that mailed it to me and heres the quote from the site he got it off:
    So some people have apparently taken some candid shots from the set of the TF movie and lo and behold, the "Prime prop" used for referencing the future CGI action and compositing actually has a head that looks more like Optimus Prime than the previously released CGI rendered art that has popped up.

Sure. It could be there to just mislead since the shape of the prop isn't all that important.. The reference points are really the key here.

But man, that looks more like what I'd want in a Prime face/shape than that strange ass early CGI rendering we've seen.

And more pics too:

This one is called Megatrons fingers in reference to the dark grey structures beside the black bit.
    265529078_7e726cba80.jpg?v=0

Rachet.
    261669663_f7693977fd.jpg?v=0

Ironhide & Rachet.
    261669658_378bc05619.jpg?v=0

Barracade. (though when I first saw pics of a Police car I thought Prowl - very dissapointing!).
    261669655_16a117aba3.jpg?v=0

• Advertisement

I like the look of Ironhide and Rachet but I don't like the "bionicle" look they are going for the robot form.

The possibility that that might be the head used fot he cgi gives me some slim hope but not much. Surely Bay must be listening to the critisism....

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,599 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

lets just hope Arcee doesnt get introduced!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,511 ✭✭✭Rozie

faceman wrote:
    lets just hope Arcee doesnt get introduced!

Why? Arcee is great. One of the best designed TFs, IMO. Shame she never got a toy.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

They don't plan to use mass shifting, combiners or fembots or anything else thast requires further explaination. The way the film makers see it is that the general audience will have enough trouble trying to grasp the concept of giant transforming robots without having to explain why one is a woman.

Kaiser2000 wrote:
    IMO things went downhill after Megatron died and Galvatron was born...
    79meeting.jpg

Heresy!!!!
    105466511_04100676dc.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

The way the film makers see it is that the general audience will have enough trouble trying to grasp the concept of giant transforming robots without having to explain why one is a woman.

they swollowed a female terminator without much complaint (despite the poor film.)

BlitzKrieg wrote:
    they swollowed a female terminator without much complaint (despite the poor film.)
    Yeah, but she had skin and looked hot... There's only ever going to be one attractive giant pink robot and that's not Arcee, it's the Crushinator.

223_crushinator.png

• Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

ho

BlitzKrieg wrote:
    Are you in a round about way suggesting there should be a Transformer in a Pretender shell taht looks like a hot chick?

I found an interesting blog avout the movie designs on tformers.com for anyone who is interested
    http://tformers.com/article.php?sid=6664

Galvasean wrote:
    I found an interesting blog avout the movie designs on tformers.com for anyone who is interested
    http://tformers.com/article.php?sid=6664
    This pretty much sums up my feeling on it:
    Whenever I look up info on this movie I cringe. Rainmaker seems to bring up the point that I think most fans are dead set against. Unlike what he and others who share his opinion may think, this is not a giant alien robot movie, this is a TRANSFORMERS movie. That means we should be able to recognize clearly all of our favorite characters. We obviously can't. The designs for this film are clearly a failure. I'm all for seeing new designs though. At this point the movie would be better off being called "Go-Bots' so that fans can wait for a director that can do this franchise justice. Giant f***ing robots are coming, ... but they are NOT Transformers.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,988 ✭✭✭constitutionus

Galvasean wrote:
    Are you in a round about way suggesting there should be a Transformer in a Pretender shell taht looks like a hot chick?

jenna jamecon?:D :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

This film is either gonna be extreemly great, or suck the balls of a hiv infected albino midget donkey !

The fat black dude, from me myself and irene will just lower the tone. STAY IN STRAIGHHT TO DVD FILMS LIKE SEGAL YOU C&^T

And WTF have they done to the transformers ? They now look like their made in japan, ever seen some jap mecha anime ? very similar looking me thinks.

And why not make bumblebee out of a cod dammed beetle ? i know the director is american and he loves his saleens, but a beetle would have been much more apt.

And please tell me them stupid minicons arnt gonna be in this thing too.

Im so angry right now

</rant>

anti wrote:
    And WTF have they done to the transformers ? They now look like their made in japan, ever seen some jap mecha anime ? very similar looking me thinks.

And why not make bumblebee out of a cod dammed beetle ? i know the director is american and he loves his saleens, but a beetle would have been much more apt.
    What country do think the Transformers toys came from originaly?

I don't think Volkswagon would give the rights for the Beetle to be used either.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭6th

They wouldnt give the right because they didnt want one of there products to be used as a weapon ... they didnt like the image it gave.

• Advertisement

6th wrote:
    They wouldnt give the right because they didnt want one of there products to be used as a weapon ... they didnt like the image it gave.

I didnt think of that at all.

But i think the fans would have enjoyed it more if they kept a bit more to the original designs or the transformers, I mean megatron looks like that dude from lotr ( i forget his name )

• Closed Accounts Posts: 487 ✭✭Cungi

6th wrote:

It might possibly have something to do with their involvement in WW2
    When the Alternators/Binaltech line of hyper-realistic Transformers was being developed, fan favorite Bumblebee was to be recreated as a new Volkswagen Beetle, according to prototype art in "The Transformers Binaltech & TF Collection Complete Guide".

According to Hasbro designer Aaron Archer at "The Official Transformers Collectors Convention" (or OTFCC) '03, Volkswagen had refused to license an Alternator Bumblebee. Volkswagen refused to license the car, however, supposedly due to the warlike nature of the Transformers. [1] Since VW was hit hard in 2002 by a lawsuit by holocaust victims for their involvement in WWII (as a German manufacturer), VW is understandably reluctant to have its name tied to anything that could be considered a war machine. Hasbro had agreed to not give Bumblebee a gun, however, the prototype shot given to Volkswagen still had the gun present. Volkswagen were unaware that the picture was a prototype and they rejected the idea

This explains why the Bumblebee Altmode does not exist as a New VW Beetle and instead as other form cars beyond the old VW Beetle model.

http://www.answers.com/topic/bumblebee-transformers

What next?

Walther not wanting the P38 pistol to be thought of as a killing machine?

What next?

Walther not wanting the P38 pistol to be thought of as a killing machine?

just wait till the animal activists see scorponck!

oh i can imagine what greenpeace and the wwf will say.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 487 ✭✭Cungi

anti wrote:
    </rant>

Like this

http://afigures.com/g/?mode=album&album=Customs%2FBumblebee_By_Mangrasshopper

Im sorry, but that last pic with him and a BIG HUGE OMG WTF GUN has given me a raging hard on. I must go now....

anti wrote:
    I didnt think of that at all.

But i think the fans would have enjoyed it more if they kept a bit more to the original designs or the transformers, I mean megatron looks like that dude from lotr ( i forget his name )

Sauron?
    sauron.jpg

Megatron?
    transformersmegatron1.jpg

Yeah thats the one. see the similarities ?

One Energon cube to rule them all, One Energon cube to find them, One Energon cube to bring them all and in the darkness bind them.

:p

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 954 ✭✭✭DarthWraak

That similarity is somewhat scary. Megatron doesn't look very japanese, except a twisted nightmare of a noob american director

Advertisement