Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Transformers - 2007 movie (MERGED)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,988 ✭✭✭constitutionus

latest on the don murphy site is that megs wont look like that. which to my mind is a good thing. i mean prime looks like prime so megs should look like megs, style him by all means. but not so much as to be unrecogisable. oh and tom desanto said in an interview megs would have an earth mode by the end of the film :D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

which will not be a gun due to the films stand on no unrealistic size changes.

I hope its Howitzer of some kind cause having another jet doesnt make him stand out (unless they want to do the double team factor with him and starscream.) And a Howitzer will have all the iconic strength Megatron and Galvatron's earth mode while also standing out from the other vehicles (cant move but dear god it packs a punch.).

Essentially he has to be something with a really big gun.
    Oh god, I just had a horrific vision of the energon cube cause transformers to grow insanely large and Megatron being able to transform into a battleship...GET IT OUT GET IT OUT GET IT OUT!

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

According to Don Murphy that 'Sauron' Megs head was just one of many designs that never made it beyond the design stage. Who knows what Megs will turn out like. (Hopefully a tank ala G2)

have they name who the tank is for the deceptacons?

Cause there is defitnally one in the movie.

It went under the code name 'Devastator', but I have heard nothing since.

If Megs looked like this:
    180px-G2megs.gif
    I'd be very happy.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

What was the name of the ones ( about 5 of them ) to form a giant bot. Was yellow if memory serves, but havent seen it since the 90's,

I think ill go see if the TF series are available for download ( legally ofcourse )

thats Devestator which the constructicons made but its green me thinks.

The Combaticons also formed a giant robot called Bruticus.

BlitzKrieg wrote:
    have they name who the tank is for the deceptacons?

Cause there is defitnally one in the movie.

yup, brawl. no word on weather its a totally new decep or our ol' combaticon friend. personally i'd rather it was the combaticon cause that way you leave the way open for bruticus in a sequel. the bio on the guy certainly seems the same i.e loud and angry.

don did say the head (megatron) was just a prelim design but i dont know, methinks fan backlash kicked in on this cause its been out there for a looooog time with out any denial and now that whole fan sites are screaming about how awfull it is suddenly its got the chop. i think i can smell humble pie :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 103 ✭✭Stoichkov

Are any transformers going to be killed in this desecration of my childhood? Quite a few died the real film.

One of my favourite bits from the film was when ironhide was killed. The music in that scene, instruments of destruction, was brilliant.

Brawl is the name of the Decepticon police car. If you ask me all the Decepticons apart from megatron and starscream will die. I also hear jazz gets killed by Scorponok. Its all rumour though.

Combaticons:
    450px-Combaticons.jpg

Stunticons:
    menasor1.jpg

Terrorcons:
    abominus.jpg

Seacons:
    400px-Seacons.jpg

Monstercons:
    monstructor.gif

Constructicons:
    400px-Constructicons.jpg

Aerialbots:
    superion_b.jpg

Technobots:
    computron.jpg

Protectobots:
    defensor1.jpg

Hope that helps :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,836 ✭✭✭Vokes

Predacons ? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

I never had a complete set of combiners.... I always had two or three of almost every set... What was wrong with lil monkeyfudge?

Galvasean wrote:
    Brawl is the name of the Decepticon police car. If you ask me all the Decepticons apart from megatron and starscream will die. I also hear jazz gets killed by Scorponok. Its all rumour though.

Hope that helps :D

no brawls the tank, barricades the police car while blackout is the helicopter. they did call the car brawl in the leaked script (prime directives)but that was his codename till they confirmed the line up. the same thing said devastator was in the film and refered to the tank as being him.:D

my feeling is all the "new" characters are most likely to kick it.:D :D

• Registered Users Posts: 28,839 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

I never had a complete set of combiners.... I always had two or three of almost every set... What was wrong with lil monkeyfudge?
    I had the Stunticons, Aerialbots and most of the Constructicons

SofaKing wrote:
    Predacons ? :)
    But of course!
    475px-Predacons_toys.jpg

In Japan there was also:

Dinoking:
    dinoking.jpg

Raiden:
    raiden.gif

Six Liner:
    SixLiner1.gif

Road Caeser:
    road_caesar.jpg

mong others.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,525 ✭✭✭spacecoyote

so the 30 finalists for the make prime speak contest have been announced. they're here: http://www.transformersmovie.com/primespeaks/

• Registered Users Posts: 4,510 ✭✭✭sprinkles

Some of them are awful....
    IT'S PRIME TIME!
    I CAN'T EXPLAIN THE FLAMES......THEY'RE JUST COOL
    THAT'S HOW I ROLL

dear God...

• Registered Users Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

sprinkles wrote:
    dear God...

sums up my opinion nicely

• Registered Users Posts: 28,839 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

sprinkles wrote:
    dear God...

Yep.. the only decent ones are from the original series/movie
    But what the hell is with:
    THESE PRETZELS ARE MAKING ME THIRSTY

SURVIVAL OF THE FITTEST? YOU'RE ON THE WRONG SIDE OF THE BLASTER TO CHAMPION THAT, DECEPTICON

DO A BARRELL ROLL
    :confused: :rolleyes: :( :mad:

Didn't you know Prime had a pretzel problem...

• Advertisement

The pretzel thing is a reference to an episode of Seinfeld where Kramer got one speaking line in a Woody Allen film and agnoised over how to deliver it.

See here:
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=DRaLpHoZA8E

The pretzel thing is a reference to an episode of Seinfeld where Kramer got one speaking line in a Woody Allen film and agnoised over how to deliver it.

See here:
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=DRaLpHoZA8E
    and the penny drops...

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,599 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

Ok i havent been on in a week or so but i have a few questions:

1. where have all the threads disappeared to?
    2. why has the world no decent transformers news or pics over the past few weeks?
    3. why do most of the make prime speak quotes suck?

faceman wrote:

2. why has the world no decent transformers news or pics over the past few weeks?

1. It seems to be only showing threads that have been active in the past 10 days... I don't think that's normal... I'll look into it.

2. This is pretty cool!
    bunny.jpg

3. Life sucks!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

faceman wrote:

1. when a forum slows down, the system automatically hides loads of threads to save on bandwidth... they still exist
    2. i have no idea
    3. because michael bay is involved :D

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭Beach Head

New to this whole message board thing, but not to the world of the Transformers. Just thought that I would share a few meandering thoughts.

I hate to say it, but, maybe it will be a tolerable film. I am just thinking about another excellent TV series that I used to watch as a kid and when they "re-invented" it the s@*t storm that it created was unprecedented. I myself felt that it would be the biggest load of crap ever to grace a TV screen. How wrong I was. Bet a lot of you can guess what TV show I am talking about!
    All I am saying is that we may be pleasantly surprised by the Transformers film.

However, I am writing this while watching season 2 disk 2 of the Transformers G1 cartoon. My kids are also watching it and will not let me watch season 3 because "there is no Optimus Prime in it".

I would like to share something with everyone. The cartoon is total crap. It is only tolerable because of the excellent voice work and animation of my favourite comic characters.

If I was going to moan about anything to do with the movie, it would be the designs of the characters, the plot and, Oh, now I am on a rant! I take back what I said earlier, Its not going to be transformers, its going to be another complete "re imagining" And its going to suck.

The one thing that I cant believe has not got more people talking is the whole Optimus Prime mouth / face shield scenario. This is the equivalant to Judge Dredd taking off his helmet. WHY?

For all of these comic to film scripts, why oh why do the powers that be just copy one of the better comic storylines and be done with it?

Where the hell is Megatrons Fusion Cannon?

Anyway, I am looking toward 2007 with fear. Fear for all of us, Transformers fans who will have to put up with cinema reviewers getting all of the facts about our heroes wrong on every radio channel and in every newspaper when this travesty opens next July.

you know im quite looking forward to the movie but i tell you this. if they anounced that they were gonna animate the UK comics furman did in seniors style and release em as direct to DVD movies id probably orgasm to death. sweet monkey jesus id kill to see timewars on the telly, target 2006 space pirates with metroplex giving the smackdown, zombie transformers in city of fear. it'd ****ing rule, i mean to hell with heros theres years of storys you could plunder here cutting all the work down to animating it. whats the odds someone in hasbro would do this though?:( :(

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,599 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

Im starting to get hyped too. I watched a you tube clip posted on Aint It Cool news where they showed live action footage of some of the transformers in action (not as robots tho)

Michael bay voiceover was saying how cool its gonna look with 80mph car chases while transforming!

Roll on the movie!

Have you got a link to the clip????

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,368 ✭✭✭thelordofcheese

The Make prime speak comp is finished, the winning phrase
    Freedom is the right of all sentient beings

erm......

Advertisement