Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Transformers - 2007 movie (MERGED)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,510 ✭✭✭sprinkles

Wonder how much the strokes payed to have the lead character (which should be a robot btw) wear one of their t shirts

EDIT: O dear God!!!! I just heard the end...."freedom is the right of all sentient beings"... it sounds worse than I thought it would sound.

And how deep is that pool?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,599 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

by the way im pretty sure its protoform prime coming out of the pool (and they even had a nice "my little pony" cameo, aw :D:D

u reckon? why so? I thought it was mega or s-scream.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,599 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

sprinkles wrote:
    Wonder how much the strokes payed to have the lead character (which should be a robot btw) wear one of their t shirts

EDIT: O dear God!!!! I just heard the end...."freedom is the right of all sentient beings"... it sounds worse than I thought it would sound.

And how deep is that pool?

did you hear a sound clip??? do post linkie!! :)

Edit: I just re-watched the trailer in case i missed it being said but no, wasnt on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,988 ✭✭✭constitutionus

faceman wrote:
    did you hear a sound clip??? do post linkie!! :)

Edit: I just re-watched the trailer in case i missed it being said but no, wasnt on it.

its on the official site, just click on a language and it should take you to the screen that looks like a weird cybertron. click on the bandwith you like in the upper left hand corner then clik on either side of the planet at the tabs till you get to "trailers", it should load automatically

as to how i know its prime comming out of the pool look at his forehead its got primes distinctive grill like thingy and the feet are the same as the leaked photos sans a paintjob. plus its a dead ringer for the "protoform" toy images thatve been leaked . there have been two so far, first is protoform prime whom looks like the pool guy and the secound in protoform starscream who looks to the guy we see at the beginning plowing into the earth (im basing this on the fact he's bronze like the toy, just as prime was steel grey)
    the alt modes of the protoforms are "commets" accroding to the toyboxs and apparently they explain how they get here so theres no ark.

my question is how did he land in the pool from orbit with out destroying it ? mustve bounced elswhere :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,836 ✭✭✭Vokes

:eek:

No Ark ......No Teletran-1 ?

:(

• Advertisement

its on the official site, just click on a language and it should take you to the screen that looks like a weird cybertron. click on the bandwith you like in the upper left hand corner then clik on either side of the planet at the tabs till you get to "trailers", it should load automatically

ahhh, the sound clip is on the official site trailer whereas its not on the full screen trailer on yahoo.

yup apparently its not "official" as well, being something done by a fan for don murphy which was stuck on at his request which is why it sounds so out of place and isnt on the yahoo trailer.

far as i can tell it'll only be on the site trailer and wont make it to the theatres. have to admit to being glad to hear that as i didnt think it "fitted" with the trailer and the tone cullen used seemed off kilter (which makes sense cause he didnt to it for the trailer)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,525 ✭✭✭spacecoyote

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uVhE7DVUFvA&NR

was just looking at this trailer for Japan, its slightly different to the other official trailer, with some extra foorage of the transformers in it

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭keynesian

I can't wait for the movie... I've creamed my pants thinking about it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uVhE7DVUFvA&NR

was just looking at this trailer for Japan, its slightly different to the other official trailer, with some extra foorage of the transformers in it
    I didn't see any extra footage in it - bar the lame attempt by SS and MB at coming across as cultured :)

• Advertisement

Re the extra footage:

There looks like theres 1 or 2 extra clips in it at the end before the logo - bit with the Tail (Skorponoks?) and a van exploding in 2.

?

ya get a better look of bumblebee without his mask on and apparenty theres a shot of the matrix (but i couldnt see the latter)

Quality is a bit disappointing on japanese trailer. I didnt see anything different on Bumblebee.

Watched it again, didn't see anything new on bumblebee nor anything new near the end. One thing I did notice though is that it looks better everytime I watch it. Maybe this won't be the pile of sh*te i extected

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭Beach Head

There is definitely more of Bumblebee seen. The shot of the vehicles on the desert road is not in it and there is more of the two human leads seen. It is getting better everytime you watch it though. I am actually looking forward to it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 333 ✭✭Ger_Hankey

Some new pics of Megatron & Barricade have turned up

Megatron:
    http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/imagehosting/4418245a4321b149ff.jpg

Barricade:
    http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/imagehosting/4418245a441cadc975.jpg

Megs has been changed - slightly - from what we have seen before. Its an improvement, but not much of one, I reckon.

really not feeling the new Megs design. I'm not looking for an exact replica of G1 but at least something remotely along a similar line. The head is just terrible, the arms look sh1t, wheres his cannon for gods sake!!!!

Barricade is not a bad design, at least they've kept him a little more robotic and resembling what he transforms into

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭V9

Megs still sucks, I do like barricade though.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

Gotta say Im actually a fan of this new Megatron. he looks really sinister. i especially like his hands. They're like a bird's talons.

Wow, that Barricade model looks great!

Megatron, well the less said....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭Beach Head

wheres his cannon for gods sake!!!!

Exactly.

I might have actually warmed to him if the cannon had of been there..............................................................

then again.........................

Nope, still sh!!

really not feeling the new Megs design. I'm not looking for an exact replica of G1 but at least something remotely along a similar line. The head is just terrible, the arms look sh1t, wheres his cannon for gods sake!!!!

Barricade is not a bad design, at least they've kept him a little more robotic and resembling what he transforms into

i agree with your assesement of megs, i for one dont mind the new re designs as it does make em look good on the big screen but i hoped they try to make megs at least semi recognaisable like prime is. ok you could say this is his protoform but still he really needs his fusion cannon. it one of the most iconic images out there and reinforced the idea hes a machine who's weapon is apart of him as opposed to something he weilds.

as for barricade i just dont like the guy. alt modes great but i just dont like his robot mode, it looks like his wheels are his hands for god sake and he's all off balance looking. when you compare him to blackout he just looks ungainly.

still nice to see stuff comming out and cant wait to see what megs looks like with an earth mode

• Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

my problem with Megs is he's meant to be the deceptacon leader, yet he looks more like a rabid alien creature, then a more nazi like militist leader.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

Do we know what Megatron transforms into yet? Because going by that photo I reckon it might be an egg whisk.

Do we know what Megatron transforms into yet? Because going by that photo I reckon it might be an egg whisk.

Its supposed to be a Cybertronian Jet, but it may as well be an egg whisk, or a spike-covered anchor, its looks just as much these as a jet

BlitzKrieg wrote:
    my problem with Megs is he's meant to be the deceptacon leader, yet he looks more like a rabid alien creature, then a more nazi like militist leader.

Gotta agree with this, it would be an appropriate design for an evil alien robot, but not an all powerful leader, he should have a much more regal design. But yeah , maybe this is the protoform version and he'll look much better once he takes his new earth form (i'm not holding my breath on this one)

xanthor wrote:
    Unless the script got a *major* rewrite since the leak, Megatron doesen't change form at all.

Apparently (and take this with a big grain of salt) one of the "Stooges" on Don Murphys boards has said they have heard from movie sources that he does get an Earth mode. Judging by the fan backlash to Megs in particular, I wouldn't be surprised if there was a bit of a re-write at the end of the script for this. My guess is if it did happen, it would be in the dying moments of the film, having something to do with the set-up for the sequel.

xanthor wrote:
    *If* that's the story about the 'top secret' 'Razor' jet, then it's
    almost certainly untrue.

I totally agree with that. IF the US Air force did have some super top-secret experimental jet, there is no way they would let the worlds first view of it be as some homocidal Alien robot. I mean, they wouldn't want us poor movie-goers thinking they built these things to kill people, now would they?

http://www.seibertron.com/news/view.php?id=9177

could be remotely positive news (may have already been posted), although i can't even really imagine that new look megs talking at all?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

http://www.seibertron.com/news/view.php?id=9177

could be remotely positive news (may have already been posted), although i can't even really imagine that new look megs talking at all?

tbh i don't mind welker OR hugo weaving. hugo probably sounds a bit more menacing (watch the matrix and close your eyes :D)...

Advertisement