Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Transformers - 2007 movie (MERGED)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 412 ✭✭GWolf

faceman wrote:
    Hot off the press. Check out this close up head shot of prime from the movie.

http://photos1.blogger.com/x/blogger/29/504/1600/461625/PrimeHeadShot.jpg
    That's just the old leak blown up and put on a background. New image has a different design

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,599 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

GWolf wrote:
    That's just the old leak blown up and put on a background. New image has a different design

no its the latest image. It was up on aint it cool news before paramount told them to take it down.

deffo looks like a bird!

• Registered Users Posts: 28,839 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

He actually looks ok aside from the eyes. Unfortunately those are kind of an important feature :rolleyes:

Why they couldn't 2007-ify the original designs (like the image of Ratchet someone posted a while back) I don't know... Seems like changes for the sake of changes to me.

Reinvention does sometimes work (the new BSG for example), but every time I see anything from this movie I just think that, while I'm sure it'll be a big hit in the box office, Transformers it isn't.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

Kaiser2000 wrote:
    He actually looks ok aside from the eyes. Unfortunately those are kind of an important feature :rolleyes:
    Fear not about the eyes. Once they are filled with light they will look more like this:
    http://img.search.com/thumb/d/d3/Bwop.jpg/180px-Bwop.jpg

faceman wrote:
    no its the latest image. It was up on aint it cool news before paramount told them to take it down.

deffo looks like a bird!
    All it is is the leak from a few months ago with the head blown up. They match exactly. Which contradicts the latedst images of Prime.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,599 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

GWolf wrote:
    All it is is the leak from a few months ago with the head blown up. They match exactly. Which contradicts the latedst images of Prime.

Odd, came from aicn. Anyway, post the links of the new head shots!

And AICN has never been wrong:rolleyes: ;);)

GWolf wrote:
    And AICN has never been wrong:rolleyes: ;);)

ur not really contributing much to the thread here. wheres those new prime pics??

faceman wrote:
    ur not really contributing much to the thread here. wheres those new prime pics??
    Most recent image, from the Empire cover

skkf02.velika.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,510 ✭✭✭sprinkles

That doesn't look too bad tbh.... he lookes less of a "mess" than he originally did.

Still... why the flames!!!!

GWolf wrote:
    Most recent image, from the Empire cover

old news, where are those headshots?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

sprinkles wrote:

Still... why the flames!!!!

it's for the kids maaaaaaaan, for the kids...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,525 ✭✭✭spacecoyote

Don't think these have been posted yet

Link to pics of both Frenzy & Ironhide
    http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/showthread.php?t=122999

Link to revised pic of Megatron's head
    http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/vbimghost.php?do=displayimg&imgid=2274

Megatron looks good as does ironhide. Frenzy looks cack tho! (imo of course!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭professor kaos

there are reports from the toyfair of the 20 minute presentation of scenes from the movie, all over the major tf sites. can you resist? no major *spoilers*, but thats for you to decide.

http://transformersclub.com/

Bay mentions 14 props. But there are only supposed to be 13 robots.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

No, he said there are 14 set pieces.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,988 ✭✭✭constitutionus

IGN have a three page review of it as well. in fairness theres no real need for spoilers as most of whats been previewed can be found on the net albeit in a much more truncated form in the trailer (US and Japaneese) , and the rest doesnt make sense with out context (or reading the leaked scripts :D ) so i wouldnt worry about ruining the film reading em.

seibertrons doing a review which should be out on his site tomorrow and he's raving about it. which should be a good sign considering he practically crapt himself when he saw the designs and though not a hater he was leaning on the negative side.

i must say this boosts my expectations for the film. heres hoping we get a second trailer soon :D

heres hoping we get a second trailer soon :D

We have two already (3 if you count the Japanese one)

• Advertisement

Heres the aint it cool news opinion of the preview

http://www.aintitcool.com/node/31595

er, calm down chief. no one can judge the movie until we've seen it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

Rozie wrote:
    People have the most utterly stupid reasons for why Transformers wouldn't work...

It seems that liking the movie is less about actually liking it, and more about how much of an arrogant **** you can be without being touched for it.

What's with all the personal attacks? You can surely make your point without attacking Xanthor, can't you?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

Rozie wrote:
    Sorry, but is anyone else getting REALLY annoyed at Xanthor's attitude? The "Scorpobok" sig, these kinds of posts, he's constantly sneering at anyone who wants an actual Transformers movie. You get this **** on boards like TFW2005 the whole time(and the mods wholly back it and warn/ban almost anyone who disagrees strongly enough).it.

calm down Rozie. christ sake you've already been warned and temp banned here before. when you write personal attacks in someone keep in mind you're talking about cars that transform into big robots from the 80's here.

Rozie wrote:
    Sorry, but is anyone else getting REALLY annoyed at Xanthor's attitude?
    Do my eyes decieve me or did the pot just call the kettle black?:rolleyes:

edit: Let me explain myself. Quite frankly your attitude stinks as of late. Instead of making well rounded arguments (something Xanthor has done) you just launch tyrades full of four letter words and personal attacks. Frankly, that is no way to earn respect on the internet.

Can one of the mods please put a stop to this, its ruining whats been an enjoyable thread.

Okay, i put my hand up and apologise for that outburst.

Now to try bring things back on track has anyone seen the finished design of Megatron's head?

3947145ccd79b10e36.jpg

All opinions welcome, for or against.:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 28,839 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Well without causing any rows, I still don't like these new designs and, to me anyway, that just isn't Megatron :(

Is it just me or does the new battle mode looks a lot like Sauron from Lord of the Rings.

sauron.jpg

• Advertisement

Galvasean wrote:
    Is it just me or does the new battle mode looks a lot like Sauron from Lord of the Rings.

sauron.jpg

yeah but i wont get them confused! :)

Regardless of what they look like, there's one crucial piece of the puzzle that will ultimately decide how we interpret the characters and thats their personalities and the acting!

Im getting really worried about this bit, particularly after the screening of the scene where prime and co have a bit of a childish fumble in someone's garden! :confused:

Advertisement