Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Transformers - 2007 movie (MERGED)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

faceman wrote:
    Im getting really worried about this bit, particularly after the screening of the scene where prime and co have a bit of a childish fumble in someone's garden! :confused:
    I have not seen this, can it be viewed somewhere?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

1 week break from the forum for Rozie. This is the last time I want to go through this.

Wow, Blackout looks great. Although I hear there will be multiple sized versions of each figure. Don't rule out him being a voyager too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 412 ✭✭GWolf

I was hoping they'd make Blackout a Supreme. Then if I got Cybertron Starscream, I could have them, battle it out

Best looking TF in the movie

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,599 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

Galvasean wrote:
    I have not seen this, can it be viewed somewhere?

Its not open to the public yet, i was goin on reviews i read on AICN, Seibertron and TFW. They all said the same...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 82,405 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Does anyone else thing that Megatrons face is reminescent of that Orc commander from Return of The King? I can't find a pic...the one that steps aside from that hurled boulder and spits on it.

Anyway, just megatrons teeth...rather orcish....

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,599 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

hmmm yeah he does actually! Michael Bay obsessed with LOTR?? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,525 ✭✭✭spacecoyote

http://seibertron.com/news/view.php?id=9623

just saw this posted up. Some of them look quite nice i must admit. But in the Prime vs Megatron one I still can't help but feel that Megatron's head now looks like an Alien (from the Alien Movies) trapped inside Saurons armour

hmmmm not sure about megs after seein him coloured in! Prime's eyes look a bit girlie!

Wow, Megatron does look very Xenomorphish in that pic.

• Advertisement

New toy pics of prime on empire mag

http://www.empireonline.com/news/story.asp?NID=20426

• Registered Users Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

little question for everyone, as i was pondering this today myself... is anyone actually genuinely pumped up for this movie?

i was thinking about it earlier, and i can't say i am. maybe it's the michael bay effect, maybe it's my brain trying to force me to go into this movie with low expectations... i don't know, but i'm not pumped up at all. i'm far more pumped up about spidey3 then this.

am i alone here?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,510 ✭✭✭sprinkles

I have to say I'm the opposite. I know I shouldn't be pumped up for it, but it's transformers on the big screen.... I can't wait, despite all the things I disagree with. I'm going to be disappointed though!!

I am extremely 'pumped up' for it. I understand and agree with roughly 95% of the decisions they have made (changes etc.)

I have a feeling this film could be the sleeper hit of 2007

Galvasean wrote:

i doubt it'll be a sleeper at all. it's strategically placed on a big movie weekend for america, and by then everyone who wanted to see spiderman will have seen it. i would have no doubts at all as to the films success in the box office...

• Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

sleeper hit?

its a blockbuster film, it has an excessive budget. Its being heavily advertised. its a bloody brand.

It has everything a sleeper hit is not meant to have.

the only way it will be a sleeper hit is if it launches a unknown actor into stardom.

which when the main attraction of the film is giant robots...i dont think so.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

I loved Transformer, loved Transformers the Movie even more, but I've got a bad feeling about this one. I'm expecting Independance Day with robots.

I loved Transformer, loved Transformers the Movie even more, but I've got a bad feeling about this one. I'm expecting Independance Day with robots.

i liked independence day :(

• Registered Users Posts: 7,988 ✭✭✭constitutionus

im really looking forward to this. ok its with some trepidation because ive seen atrocities made of films which shouldve worked (captain america anyone?) but all in all i think this will be good. the second trailer did alot to asuage my fears in terms of the seriousness of the approach and i have the distinct feeling speilbergs alot more active than we think in reigning in bays excesses so hopefully it'll work out at least as good as spidey 2 or xmen 2. ok im still not a big fan of the designs but i do like the fact theyre treating em as actual aliens as opposed to alien weaponry

oh by the way latest word is the third trailer will debut mid april or beginning of may (source on seibertron.coms news page)

http://boards.transformersmovie.com/showthread.php?t=8508

Something interesting if you wanna watch movie vids etc

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,525 ✭✭✭spacecoyote

Quote from interview with one of the producers of the movie

"We're trying to hold him back from everybody, you know, it's like, entertainment is, I'm going to paraphrase something Warren Beatty said a few months ago, I read it in the paper and I thought it's so damn simple and it's perfectly profound, he said the most important element of entertainment is surprise. And I thought, I hadn't really thought about it that way, but it's true and one of the things that's been, I won't say frustrating because it's the wrong word but one of the things we've just had to deal with is people's constant attention and people constantly trying to...you know the art department had like 39,000 hacks the first month on, or attempted hacks on their thing. So, the good news for us is that nobody has seen the robots in final form because they are not final yet, we haven't either, so, everybody is making this assumption of what they're going to look like, but, you haven't seen them yet so you can't, they're wrong. They're close in a couple cases but they're not there yet and Megatron will be one of the last ones on purpose because we are hoping to finish I'll call them our hero robots first because they take, I was almost about to reveal something, I'm not going to (laughter), but, we'll spend more screen time with them, I'll say it that way. So, and we have to interact with them, Shia has to interact a lot with them so they're the ones we had to hone first".

http://seibertron.com/news/view.php?id=9685

• Closed Accounts Posts: 198 ✭✭partholon

oh hear meant to say, was at the cinema to see ghost rider and they showed the trailer for TF :D

looks alot better on the big screen with surround sound, particularly the opening sequence's planet fall.

not sure if anyone else has said this but if not wanted to let ya know

• Registered Users Posts: 28,839 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

"We're trying to hold him back from everybody, you know, it's like, entertainment is, I'm going to paraphrase something Warren Beatty said a few months ago, I read it in the paper and I thought it's so damn simple and it's perfectly profound, he said the most important element of entertainment is surprise. And I thought, I hadn't really thought about it that way, but it's true and one of the things that's been, I won't say frustrating because it's the wrong word but one of the things we've just had to deal with is people's constant attention and people constantly trying to...you know the art department had like 39,000 hacks the first month on, or attempted hacks on their thing. So, the good news for us is that nobody has seen the robots in final form because they are not final yet, we haven't either, so, everybody is making this assumption of what they're going to look like, but, you haven't seen them yet so you can't, they're wrong. They're close in a couple cases but they're not there yet and Megatron will be one of the last ones on purpose because we are hoping to finish I'll call them our hero robots first because they take, I was almost about to reveal something, I'm not going to (laughter), but, we'll spend more screen time with them, I'll say it that way. So, and we have to interact with them, Shia has to interact a lot with them so they're the ones we had to hone first".

Do people really talk like that? - "like, totally radical man!" :rolleyes:

Anyway, I can't say I expect very much from this film at all, except for it to ruin my fond memories of Transformers. Now that said, I really liked Batman Begins for example, but THIS film will have a lot to do to convince me.

partholon wrote:
    oh hear meant to say, was at the cinema to see ghost rider and they showed the trailer for TF :D

looks alot better on the big screen with surround sound, particularly the opening sequence's planet fall.

not sure if anyone else has said this but if not wanted to let ya know

shoite i must have missed the trailer, i came in just as the last trailer ended :(

Anyone got a producer to english dictionary

• Closed Accounts Posts: 198 ✭✭partholon

was rooting around on seibertron.com in the news section and theres a link to a short interview with shia leboeuf on iesb.net.

anyway the juicy bit is when bay sent the first cut of the film into the guys who do the rating for the film they sent it back with a "R" rating :eek:

no sex or foul laungage, apparently it was the level of violence and intense action that upset em. apparently speilberg stepped in then and got them to reclassify it as a PG13 instead.

ok this probably is spin on the part of the film company in order to jazz up exposure for the film but then again war of the worlds was fairly hardcore at some points and it got PG13 too and you have to admit stevens got some clout in the industry . if this is on the level there could be hope for this yet :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 147 ✭✭Dominatorx

Aparently Will Smith has gone out for the part of jazz.
    I can see that working

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭V9

as can I, he'd be perfect for that role IMO

Dominatorx wrote:
    Aparently Will Smith has gone out for the part of jazz.
    I can see that working

wow yeah that could work! Where did you hear that? Anyone got any other rumours about castin?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 147 ✭✭Dominatorx

http://www.myspace.com/strongwaterz

These twits are claming their craptacular tune is in the movie soundtrack.
    Listen at your own peril

Advertisement