Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Transformers - 2007 movie (MERGED)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,988 ✭✭✭constitutionus

Dominatorx wrote:
    http://www.myspace.com/strongwaterz

These twits are claming their craptacular tune is in the movie soundtrack.
    Listen at your own peril

you know the frightening thing is i could actually see that happening. films can have some spectacularly crap music when rolling the credits and that sounds exactly like the pap i'd expect to hear at the end of the film:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

well that just caused my brain to bleed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,956 ✭✭✭layke

partholon wrote:
    PG13

This upsets me greatly. Transformers is a cartoon made in the 80's and should target a 20 odd year old audience, not kids. I am afraid the film is now utter tripe.

It's like AVP it SHOULD have been 18's but they ruined it by making it viewable for the kids who bought the games.

I'll still be there with premier tickets of course but i'm a little worried it will be a huge let down.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,836 ✭✭✭Vokes

11-16yrs olds are the biggest cinema goers today. If the makers did as you you said and targeted a 20-something yr old audience, the film would bomb.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

SofaKing wrote:
    11-16yrs olds are the biggest cinema goers today. If the makers did as you you said and targeted a 20-something yr old audience, the film would bomb.

are you sure? on my frequent visits to the cinema, 18-35 year olds would be my guess as the biggest demographic just by looking around on any given night. that's the age group with the most disposable income too.

i think if they aimed it at that demo they'd make a killing off nostalgia alone, irrespective of any major marketing campaigns!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,525 ✭✭✭spacecoyote

layke wrote:
    This upsets me greatly. Transformers is a cartoon made in the 80's

exactly, twas a childrens cartoon, aimed at children. this is just revitalising a brand for the next generation of kids. ofcourse it was bound to get a pg13 rating!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,511 ✭✭✭Rozie

The movie clearly isn't intended for kids. From the trailer, it's obvious. It looks darker than most comic book movies.

Yeah, it has a massive toyline, but that's Hasbro for you. I'm guessing that's aimed not directly at children, but for adults who'll want to buy their kids that stuff.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,599 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

If spielberg is involved its gonna be a kids film! It has a summer release date!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 412 ✭✭GWolf

Rozie wrote:
    The movie clearly isn't intended for kids. From the trailer, it's obvious. It looks darker than most comic book movies.

Yeah, it has a massive toyline, but that's Hasbro for you. I'm guessing that's aimed not directly at children, but for adults who'll want to buy their kids that stuff.

Yeah...i've spoken with one of the writers...don't expect particuraly dark...expect impromptu and distracting comedy moments throughout.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,511 ✭✭✭Rozie

Then why wouldn't they reflect this in the trailer?

I've heard most of the "Jokes" in the script. They REALLY aren't funny.

• Advertisement

by the way i dont know how many of you have checked this out but if you go onto youtube.com and type in "the rude awakening of optimus prime" "shockwave's burden" and "sos wheeljack" you'll get to see a fan re edit of classic G1 episodes. theyre only about 5 min long but worth it even if you only have dial up.

a fair warning though, the language is choice so i if easilly offended stay away. otherwise you'll piss youself laughing. my favourite is the SOS wheeljack one. just very well done with a special nod to the voices :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,525 ✭✭✭spacecoyote

by the way i dont know how many of you have checked this out but if you go onto youtube.com and type in "the rude awakening of optimus prime" "shockwave's burden" and "sos wheeljack" you'll get to see a fan re edit of classic G1 episodes. theyre only about 5 min long but worth it even if you only have dial up.

a fair warning though, the language is choice so i if easilly offended stay away. otherwise you'll piss youself laughing. my favourite is the SOS wheeljack one. just very well done with a special nod to the voices :D

yeah i stumbled across them a while back! They're excellent

Rozie wrote:
    Then why wouldn't they reflect this in the trailer?

I've heard most of the "Jokes" in the script. They REALLY aren't funny.

Because the trailer is little more tthen randomly selected snippets to make it look cool?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 147 ✭✭Dominatorx

Acording to an email for sector 7 Hugo weaving has been cast as Megatron.

Operation Hungry Dragon 2 continues. As of today agent H. Weaving has officially convinced S.S., M.B., R.D and A.K. to oversee the Megaman issue. The recording will commence immediately.

All the years of investment into Agent Weavings public persona have finally paid off. We will monitor the campaign from the inside and report on its progress free from suspicion.

By this summer, the population will think N.B.E.'s are nothing more then figments of an overactive imagination.

Our power lies in our secrecy.

Not a bad choice Me thinks weaving will do a very Kaye esque Megs

Thanks to the 2005 boards for the news.

Dominatorx wrote:
    Acording to an email for sector 7 Hugo weaving has been cast as Megatron.

Operation Hungry Dragon 2 continues. As of today agent H. Weaving has officially convinced S.S., M.B., R.D and A.K. to oversee the Megaman issue. The recording will commence immediately.

All the years of investment into Agent Weavings public persona have finally paid off. We will monitor the campaign from the inside and report on its progress free from suspicion.

By this summer, the population will think N.B.E.'s are nothing more then figments of an overactive imagination.

Our power lies in our secrecy.

Not a bad choice Me thinks weaving will do a very Kaye esque Megs

Thanks to the 2005 boards for the news.

He's been up for it for a while. But I forsee much whinging

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,599 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

^ might work?

seems to be on the level.

personally i reckon he'll be good. anyone who's seen V for Vendetta cant help be impressed how much pathos he brought to a character who's face you never see. thats not easy.

i think he'll try to reinvent his voice again to suit megs. V sounds nothing like agent smith so god knows what well get. hopefully well get something suitably brutal but commanding.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 333 ✭✭Ger_Hankey

Damn! There goes my theory for him as soundwave in the sequel.. ah well. I can see him working as Megs.

mixed feelings. I like Weaving, but I really didn't want to see celebrity vas. Regardless of the job quality, I doubt I'll be able to connect the voice to MEgatron, rather it will be Hugo Weaving, doing Megatron. If you get me

• Registered Users Posts: 4,510 ✭✭✭sprinkles

Can't really picture it to be honest but I'd imagine it will all come together in the end. Is it not a bit late to be doing this now though with the summer release quickly approaching??

• Advertisement

Looks like Hugo has been confirmed plus some talk about the casting of Barricade.

http://www.aintitcool.com/node/32038

Heres some the posters with head shots of prime and megs.

http://www.aintitcool.com/node/32049

• Closed Accounts Posts: 147 ✭✭Dominatorx

GWolf wrote:
    mixed feelings. I like Weaving, but I really didn't want to see celebrity vas. Regardless of the job quality, I doubt I'll be able to connect the voice to MEgatron, rather it will be Hugo Weaving, doing Megatron. If you get me

I guess they needed at least ONE big name to pull in the casual film goer.

At least they picked someone with actual talent. His portrayal of V was excellent, especially considering we never see anything but his mask.

Keith David has been confirmed as Barricade

http://www.seibertron.com/news/view.php?id=9842

Very good va. Yay.

GWolf wrote:

dont be too quick. only found out recently hugo did the voice of the sheepdog that goes a bit mental in "babe". didnt sound like him at all so we may get something unexpectedly good.
    at least the guys a pro, cant see him doing a hack job on it. and hey who'da thought spock wouldve been so good as galvatron back in the original movie. i was blown away by nimoy in that.:D

Master Fiffo's review of the prequel novel

http://boards.transformersmovie.com/showthread.php?t=8944

Also, Fwiffo is the new Sector seven password

hey just wanted to give you guys a heads up. theres a TV spot trailer for the new movie with footage that hasnt bee seen before over at seibertron.com's news section. think the link is to IGN . enjoy ! :D (needless to say its kinda cool)

Empire mag viewed the 20 min footage of the scenes screened recently in the US and gave it the thumbs up.

those trailers gettin me hyped up! roll on july!

• Advertisement

Wanna see some bots.

TV Spot 1.
    www.youtube.com/watch?v=L6-EJDCC_n8

Prime, Scorponok, Megatron, Ironhide, Barricade, Frenzy, Chubscream and Bonecrusher

TV Spot 2
    www.sectorseven.org. Password: Fwiffo, click on red harddrive top left corner

Bumblebee and Chubscream. Screamy flies in transforms and flips.

Advertisement