Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Transformers - 2007 movie (MERGED)

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,599 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

GWolf wrote:
    Wanna see some bots.

TV Spot 1.
    www.youtube.com/watch?v=L6-EJDCC_n8

Prime, Scorponok, Megatron, Ironhide, Barricade, Frenzy, Chubscream and Bonecrusher

TV Spot 2
    www.sectorseven.org. Password: Fwiffo, click on red harddrive top left corner

Bumblebee and Chubscream. Screamy flies in transforms and flips.

again great clips, now that ive watched them a few times my only gripe is that starscreams legs look a bit skinny.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 412 ✭✭GWolf

Protoform Screamer and Prime are up at the Hasbro Toy Shop

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

faceman wrote:
    my only gripe is that starscreams legs look a bit skinny.
    Its not the legs that bother me, they look bird like which is cool for a flyingg TF, its his upper body thats just a bit too broad for my liking.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,599 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

Galvasean wrote:
    Its not the legs that bother me, they look bird like which is cool for a flyingg TF, its his upper body thats just a bit too broad for my liking.

good point actually. I guess tho its hard to assess in a half second clip. :(

Some good action pics from movie:

Prime vs. Bonecrusher

Click the slideshow here for more pics

lookin good! :)

...just noticed megan fox is pretty hot, shows where my attention has been on this movie till now!

• Advertisement

1. If Prime loses to Boneccrusher, there is no God. 2, Megan Fox is dead eyes girl. Seriously, I do not get the hype about her

• Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

Don't know if many have looked at those pictures yet but all I'll say is the textures on Optimus and Bonecrusher look amazing. Of course we'll have to see it in motion but it just looks fantastic!

Man, that highway scene is gonna kick so much ass!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,511 ✭✭✭Rozie

Honestly, Prime's robot mode looks a mess in that picture. I don't see how that's attractive. I hope it's just a bad pose/angle.

Rozie wrote:
    Honestly, Prime's robot mode looks a mess in that picture. I don't see how that's attractive. I hope it's just a bad pose/angle.
    It's ok. Not as good as the one from the Empire cover, but ok

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,561 ✭✭✭Rhyme

GWolf wrote:
    TV Spot 2
    www.sectorseven.org. Password: Fwiffo, click on red harddrive top left corner
    Oh man, Grimlock :)

My opinion is cemented, cannot miss this film.

Grim and Kickback are just fan cgi

I never thought id say this but movie Starscream has grown on me... Check out this gallery

http://tfkenkon.com/g/?mode=album&album=Collection%2Fact429

• Registered Users Posts: 28,839 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Galvasean wrote:
    I never thought id say this but movie Starscream has grown on me... Check out this gallery

http://tfkenkon.com/g/?mode=album&album=Collection%2Fact429
    Nah, far too much bulk under the wings. In fact (as evidenced by the first few mid-transformation pics), it looks like they just tacked on the jet to the top of it.

There is a funny result though.. it looks like he has his head up his own... afterburner! :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,511 ✭✭✭Rozie

Rhyme wrote:
    Oh man, Grimlock :)

My opinion is cemented, cannot miss this film.

Grimlock's not in the movie. And if he was, he'd probably look like a pile of twisted chrome, unfortunately.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 147 ✭✭Dominatorx

Rozie wrote:
    Grimlock's not in the movie. And if he was, he'd probably look like a pile of twisted chrome, unfortunately.

Looking like he did in the G2 comics then?

I tried to picture a movie Grimlock, and I think he could work well. The exposed look works best for animals I think

Grimlock V Blackout !!!!!!!

i think dinobots would be a disaster on screen. its gonna be a struggle with skorpo as it is!

I think Bay and co are trying their best to keep a small amount of realistic credibility in the film. If there were 50 foot tall robotic dinosaurs with speech impediments setting fire to stuff left right and center it would end up being a mindless action movie mess.

• Advertisement

Galvasean wrote:
    I think Bay and co are trying their best to keep a small amount of realistic credibility in the film. If there were 50 foot tall robotic dinosaurs with speech impediments setting fire to stuff left right and center it would end up being a mindless action movie mess.

I hang around the movie boards, and up until about 2 months ago, the realism thing was the fall back for anyone supporting the movie. Now all movie supporters say "It's just a movie". Personally I think both need to be considered. I think just Grimlock could work well. Have him crash through a museum roof and scan a skeleton, course he'd have to be bigger then the real thing, like scorponok.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,109 ✭✭✭sutty

faceman wrote:
    i think dinobots would be a disaster on screen. its gonna be a struggle with skorpo as it is!

He's just a drone in the movie and comes from Blackout. So it wont transform in to a humanoid robot from what I have heard. What I'd love to see in the second movie is devastator :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,988 ✭✭✭constitutionus

dont know if anyones posted this yet but theres a new TV spot on youtube from the movie which has prime talking and the first shot of his mouth (ugh :rolleyes: am i the only one who doesnt get the idea of that seeing as they went out of their way to show how alien they were in the design? )

anyway if you wanna see it go to seibertron.com and click on the link. some cool bonecrusher/barricade/ starscream stuff in it as well.:)

^ holy cabbages!
    doesnt sound like prime tho! lol

• Registered Users Posts: 7,988 ✭✭✭constitutionus

Yah, i think the compression rate of the uploads distorting it. the pictures not as good as the vids in the sector 7 site either. still thats 3 vids in less than a month. cant complain about that. particularly seeing as the next official cinema trailer should be coming out soon. i just hope they stick to just tantalising us. i'd hate at this stage to see all the best bits in the adds. though that said starscream looked kick arse in the last one no matter how much i dislike the design :D

Bay did say that the trailers dont even show a fraction of the set pieces. Having watched the trailer a few times now i hope prime speaking looks good, im nervous.... :(

Er, the trailer is no longer available on you tube or siebertron.com!!!

Ah this one is working and is better quality! Enjoy!

http://www.globaltestmarket.com/se_images/208034-38.wmv

Well I saw it. What do I think? Prime's face...noooooo. no no. nonono..no. It does not look good. also rather then deepning Cullen's voice so much, I would have added the more traditional effects they used in Armada or Cybertron. Also the expression on Shia and Megan's faces when Prime's talking to them...eep, not good. Also his transformation is clearly unfunishedOther then that, liked the bit where Bonecrusher and Prime go to butt heads. Can't really judge anything else from it. Cept Blackout is your new god

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,839 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Watched that trailer just now. While it's nice to hear Prime's voice again, what is with his face/mouth? I thought they'd given him the traditional faceplate??

Advertisement