Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Transformers - 2007 movie (MERGED)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,921 ✭✭✭✭Pigman II

Cos it was a show watched entirely by kids and kids are stoooopid.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

the poster looks like a new version of unicron from the first movie, does anyone know what the story is, if they are redoing the first movies plot?

rumour has it they're re-doing the movie's story alright... but i guess only time will tell. apparently all the character models are done G1 style (as opposed to the new cartoons, of which i haven't caught a full episode yet)
    Pigman II wrote:
    Kinda looks like the Matrix in the poster?

didn't the matrix have a glowing yellow-ish core though? i'd say it's megatron's eye or something, since the quote has to do with war etc. the quote, btw, is eerily like the alien vs predator one (whoever wins, we loose -- their war, our world)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭6th

i think its unicrons eye or shockwave. If its megatron then we are in for a gritty look for the film.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,958 ✭✭✭✭RuggieBear

they are going to make a ****ing balls of it....i'm dreading what hollywood will **** up

i'd say it will be great as long as you can sit back and enjoy it without being a snob.

• Advertisement

this was the first issue i got of the comic:

http://www.seibertron.com/comics/view.php?comic_id=256

Runamuck and runabout - the worst transformers ever!

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

Oooh... nice website...

This was my first issue:

http://www.seibertron.com/comics/view.php?comic_id=164

Still have it too.

It really was a brilliant comic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭J.R.HARTLEY

rumour has it they're re-doing the movie's story alright... but i guess only time will tell. apparently all the character models are done G1 style (as opposed to the new cartoons, of which i haven't caught a full episode yet)
    nice, did i hear wight when i was told that they were using the same technology from the citroen ads

• Registered Users Posts: 7,988 ✭✭✭constitutionus

nice, did i hear wight when i was told that they were using the same technology from the citroen ads

thats what i heard too apparently theyre gonna tweek it a little by beefing it up a bit, and thank god theres NO arcee in it. i mean a female robot, WTF! it only made sense as an obvious fob off to the feminist groups so at least theyre not going down that path . i have to confess to being giddyly exicted over this and simultaneously **** scared cause ive seen hollywood **** these things up time and again and transformers is a very easy property to feck up. latest i heard on this is its meant to be an origin film so it should involve alot of the mythos. my bets on the comic origin instead of the cartoon. mainly because Desanto got this up and running and he's a buff on the comics (just like he was on xmen)

if they capture the best of whats in the comics it'll fecking brilliant. if not its battlefield earth all over again:rolleyes: but the guys behind XMEN and speilberg are involved so fingers crossed:D

oh by the way theres meant to be a new citreon ad on the way, this time the cars skating on ice. its supposed to be on channel 4 some time in the near future. cant wait to see it

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

Plot Outline: Dueling alien races, the Autobots and the Decepticons, bring their battle to Earth, leaving the future of humankind hanging in the balance.
    lol!

Michael Bay directing, this should be great.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭V9

Hope yer not expecting the classic designs, I read in an interview the designs are gonna be fairly different to what we are use to.

The eye in the poster is the autobot logo http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/showpost.php?p=685778&postcount=59

I'm gonna get excited til I see the actual bot designs and find out for sure how much air time they are actually gonna get.

• Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭hairball

the classic designs would look somewhat un-lassic directly translated to the big screen, i'm sure they're gonna slick em up a bit which is fine by me...also don't expect megatron to be a gun.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,836 ✭✭✭Vokes

oh by the way theres meant to be a new citreon ad on the way, this time the cars skating on ice. its supposed to be on channel 4 some time in the near future. cant wait to see it
    Seen it a few times the past few days - very impressive! The robot model reminds me of Jazz.

found this on digg.com... turns out iPod, 360 and other electronics will be given the "transforming" ability in the movie. could be interesting...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,488 ✭✭✭Goodshape

found this on digg.com... turns out iPod, 360 and other electronics will be given the "transforming" ability in the movie. could be interesting...
    Don't like the sound of that tbh.

Yes... that would be horrible...

It's a great fear of mine that Soundwave will transform into an iPod.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,065 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

oh...my...gawwd.

It's a great fear of mine that Soundwave will transform into an iPod.

Wouldn't worry about it. Apple probably won't wish to have their lifestyle accessory associated with a baddie. Esp a charmless twat of a baddie like Soundwave.

After seeing Blade Trintity, I firmly beleive there are no depths too low for the Apple markerting department to stoop to.

• Advertisement

I'm very iffy about the fact that its going to be a real-life thing. This obviously means that computer graphics are going to be used and everyone should know that this is either going to go very good, or be a complete failure.

No matter how good it is, I don't think it will be able to overshadow the original Transformers movie. I mean c'mon, it has Orson Wells last ever speaking role before his death!

I'm very iffy about the fact that its going to be a real-life thing. This obviously means that computer graphics are going to be used and everyone should know that this is either going to go very good, or be a complete failure.

I 'm not to worried about that. I'm pretty satisfied with CG for mechanical things like spaceships, robots etc. Where I think it is has a long way to go in replicating anything natural eg external environments, or creatures etc.

I mean if Transformers manages to look even as good as that Citroen ad (and being a feature film it should reasonably) then I don't think anyone will have any complaints.

No matter how good it is, I don't think it will be able to overshadow the original Transformers movie. I mean c'mon, it has Orson Wells last ever speaking role before his death!

well ILM (lucas' graphics guys) is doing the work on this film... and they pretty much did everything (including the acting most of the time) on the star wars prequels. bad story, but incredibly good looking!

and i really wish they could do some digital mastery to use orson wells' voice in this... but it's probably not very likely :(

• Registered Users Posts: 8,565 ✭✭✭spacecoyote

Don't think it was the citroen ad guys being used, think it was the guys thinking about transformer real life movie weren't sure it could be done, saw the citroen ad and decided that yeah it was definitely possible.

Don't think they'll follow the movie story either. Didn't they just kill off major characters in the movie deliberately so they could bring in some big named celebrities to voice-over transformers in the hope that it would be a bigger selling point for the movie.

plus that would involve killing off prime too early and i don't think they could realistically pull off unicron either.

Pigman II wrote:
    I 'm not to worried about that. I'm pretty satisfied with CG for mechanical things like spaceships, robots etc. Where I think it is has a long way to go in replicating anything natural eg external environments, or creatures etc.

I mean if Transformers manages to look even as good as that Citroen ad (and being a feature film it should reasonably) then I don't think anyone will have any complaints.

Graphics wont be enough to save a movie though.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,632 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

I reckon this will be the jurassic park of next year.

Heres what ive read online:
    * megatron is in it but transforms into something other than a gun
    * the characters will look more like they do in one of the modern cartoons, (I think its called energon or armada or somethin)
    * devastator the tank is defo in it.
    * LOADS of stuff gets blown up, apparantly they have shooting some battle scene in the desert since rolling cameras
    * Michael duncan clarke, jon voight and john turturro are in it (as humans)
    * secrecy around who does the robot voices

once optimas prime is in it and they make that cool sound when they transform im game ball!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,988 ✭✭✭constitutionus

from what ive heard primes still a truck but thanks to the US megatron cant be a gun so he's gonna be a tank. personally ive no problem with that seeing as it makes him a more obvious threat.
    the names being bandied about though arent the names of the cast seeing as alot of the information has come from a leaked script thats several drafts old and using pseudonames . all the human casts mentioned are on the level though. jon voight for instance is playing the secretary of state. apparently theres gonna be a lot of human interaction as well including a secret gov/ military operation based under hover dam. bumblebee is meant to be taken there in robot mode by spec ops guys for examination/disection :D (by the way it looks like hes not gonna be a VW beetle but a camero instead.:( still he's yellow though) bumblebee is meant to be the only transformers that been made so far, the rest being CGI. someone HAS to get pics of that:D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,836 ✭✭✭Vokes

from what ive heard primes still a truck but thanks to the US megatron cant be a gun so he's gonna be a tank
    so....Galvatron is in it then :p

• Registered Users Posts: 4,510 ✭✭✭sprinkles

Pigman II wrote:

Kinda looks like the Matrix in the poster?
    Thought it was Megatrons eye/head

As long as they keep Prime a red truck I will go and see this movie....

Also:

old thread
    May 3, 2006 - IGN FilmForce first reported a few weeks ago that the cast of the live-action Transformers movie was shaping up to be quite an ensemble, with the likes of Oscar winner Jon Voight, Josh Duhamel, Bernie Mac and John Turturro leading the contenders to play the human roles in the film.

Variety has confirmed that Voight has been cast, and "Josh Duhamel, Bernie Mac, John Turturro, Megan Fox and John Robinson are expected to round out the cast. Travis Van Winkle and Shia LeBeouf have already been announced."

The trade adds that "many of the rumored names are not likely to end up in the film." Well, by Variety's own count 7 of the 10 names we mentioned (excluding Michael Clarke Duncan, Tyrese and Rachael Taylor) are now confirmed so that can hardly qualify as "many." That darn "new math" must be to blame.

The DreamWorks-Paramount project, which bears a $100+ million price tag, starts filming later this month under the direction of Michael Bay.

The Transformers is slated to open July 4, 2007.

linky

And...Don Murphy's message board

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,437 ✭✭✭Crucifix

There was a tiny article in the Metro today implying that one of the Transformers would turn into an ipod. I know a space filling article in a free paper isn't hard evidence, but it worries me nonetheless

Advertisement