Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Transformers - 2007 movie (MERGED)

Options

Comments

Didn't sound like Cullen...I know its him but didn't SOUND like him so whats the point in having him?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

The way the mouth moves is a bit naff looking alright...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,988 ✭✭✭constitutionus

think the spots only a rough draft seeing as the original on youtube's been pulled plus look at the difference between the shot from behind of prime standing/transforming and the official trailer. its far more muted so i'd guess its only a rough cut.

still think its stupid to have prime have a lips. the plates iconic for gods sake. heres hoping its used sparingly and most of the movie has faceplate prime

• Registered Users Posts: 28,839 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

I don't care what he says in that trailer, he's not Optimus Prime. It's funny too how they've gone for this whole "alien" look in robot mode, yet then try to humanise Prime by giving him a mouth and having his eyes blink while he talks? Make up your mind Bay!!!

All this stuff about battle mode armour too just doesn't sound right - far too Gladiator-y for my liking.. what's next? Prime stands up and makes a big speech about his family being murdered while the rest of the rest of the Autobots chant "Optimus..Optimus" :rolleyes: :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 412 ✭✭GWolf

He's not the first transformer to blink. The beasts did in robot mode...course they had dna but still

• Advertisement

• Closed Accounts Posts: 147 ✭✭Dominatorx

love the head sculpt on thundercracker.
    Not feeling the powder blue though

• Registered Users Posts: 4,109 ✭✭✭sutty

Anyone got a working link to the prime speaking trailer?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,511 ✭✭✭Rozie

Galvasean wrote:
    I think Bay and co are trying their best to keep a small amount of realistic credibility in the film. If there were 50 foot tall robotic dinosaurs with speech impediments setting fire to stuff left right and center it would end up being a mindless action movie mess.

If anything, Scorpions are much more ridiculous since 1) They're not big to begin with, 2) It's more credible for a pompous character like Grimlock to turn into the most fearsome beast on Earth instead of actually assuming a real disguise.

The fan video of Grimlock looks fine. Better than a lot of the official movie stuff, if you ask me.

I don't like the "realism" arguments that keep coming up. Good writers and good designers can make almost anything believable. Maybe not everything, but it annoys me people aren't at least taking this into account. Get Bob Budiansky, Simon Furman and Bob & Larry more involved, hire some Japanese Mech designers, and you're set.

Why the hell aren't they using Japanese mech designers to begin with, when TFs are based off Japanese mech designs? Why does Hollywood think it can do better? And why are so many people thinking that these are the best, most realistic TFs possible? They're not. The Japanese would have done better(if working with Hollywood with a Hollywood budget and not an entirely Japanese production, of course), and that's the end of it. They're more used to working out this kind of thing, how it would work realistically. Hollywood is not exactly the home of realism.

ILM actually aren't the best company for "realism" anyway - someone pointed out that they have a kind of anti-realism thing, they often make things look very freakish and supernatural, which they "blend" into realism instead of making it look realistic to begin with. The Starscream transform and swing around shows this very notably - though it's quick everyhing kind of goes freakish for a second as he Transforms. That's one of the things I actually kind of like about the movie, though, but it still means the "realism" argument is pretty dumb.
    For this reason ILM might have been a better choice if they were going with stuff like Dinobots, but they're not. ILM would probably make a very good Beast Wars movie.

• Advertisement

GWolf wrote:
    I hang around the movie boards, and up until about 2 months ago, the realism thing was the fall back for anyone supporting the movie. Now all movie supporters say "It's just a movie". Personally I think both need to be considered. I think just Grimlock could work well. Have him crash through a museum roof and scan a skeleton, course he'd have to be bigger then the real thing, like scorponok.

Grimlock is ridiculously oversized. He's 3 times the size of a normal T-Rex. People complained the Classics Grimlock is too small but in reality he's more realistic a size than G1 Cartoon Grimlock it's possible to get a T-Rex that big if you take him to be in scale with Prime. And then there's Beast Wars Megatron who's only about 10 feet tall at most.

Galvasean wrote:
    I never thought id say this but movie Starscream has grown on me... Check out this gallery

http://tfkenkon.com/g/?mode=album&album=Collection%2Fact429

I agree, he's a cool toy.

NOTHING like Starscream though. The movie model is a bit closer as it has a bit more of a Masterpiece Screamer vibe going on especially with the wings, but it's still pretty horrid for Screamer.

I'm going to get him and use him as Apeface or Jhiaxus or someone.

I can't stand that alt mode though, it's bad.

Rozie wrote:
    Grimlock is ridiculously oversized. He's 3 times the size of a normal T-Rex. People complained the Classics Grimlock is too small but in reality he's more realistic a size than G1 Cartoon Grimlock it's possible to get a T-Rex that big if you take him to be in scale with Prime. And then there's Beast Wars Megatron who's only about 10 feet tall at most.
    A real tyrannosuarwas about 16 ft at the shoulder, C-Rex closer to 17, top of the head about 18. But scorponok is hundreds of times larger then the real thing, so making a 30, 35 foot tall T-rex isn't a stretch. Could work. Just make him big enough to tackle Blackout.

Ah, dinos, how I love you, let me count the ways

Also, in G1, Grimlock was the same size as a real dinosaur(the dinnos on Dinobot Island were the samne size as the dinobots)
    BW Megatron was minaturised, like Waspinator and Rattrap were so much bigger then the real thing.

Anyone still looking for it, here's the leaked spot
    http://www.dailymotion.com/search/transformers/video/x1rosp_transformers-the-movie-trailer-3

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,599 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

yeah ahem anyway lads back on topic..

turns out that leaked third teaser with OP speaking was test footage done by the "european studio" according to Bay. Thats not Cullen´s voice nor will it be in the film. He didnt comment on the lips or voice plate tho.

faceman wrote:
    yeah ahem anyway lads back on topic..

turns out that leaked third teaser with OP speaking was test footage done by the "european studio" according to Bay. Thats not Cullen´s voice nor will it be in the film. He didnt comment on the lips or voice plate tho.

and that's straight form Nelson, the only person on the movie board I belive less then petron. He used to go on and on about how the leaked were not finalised, now he says they were finalised long before the leaks came out. he's the mod of Bay's forum. michaelbay.com on the movie forum and ice...something on murphy's board. He's a git who does nothing but poor damage control. (I call him a git becuase he insults people a lot, not because of the damage control)

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

GWolf wrote:
    A real tyrannosuarwas about 16 ft at the shoulder, C-Rex closer to 17, top of the head about 18.
    C-rex? I believe you've been listening to Jack Horner too much.

Galvasean wrote:
    C-rex? I believe you've been listening to Jack Horner too much.

No, I'm in the anti horner camp. C-Rex is the nickname given to the largest tyrannosaurus rex found so far. Could have weighed up to a tonne mre then pevious adult finds.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

GWolf wrote:
    No, I'm in the anti horner camp. C-Rex is the nickname given to the largest tyrannosaurus rex found so far. Could have weighed up to a tonne mre then pevious adult finds.
    Was that the one discovered by Paul Rigby (although I heard that one was smaller than Sue) or a different one? I seem to remember hearing of a 45 foot long Tyrannosaurus just cant remember exactly here since I havent been keeping up on my palaeontology as much as Id like to in recent times.

Back on topic: I think the film makers want to play up to the concept of ROBOTS IN DISGUISE in this movie so don't think there is room for a bot disguised as a giant metallic dinosaur.
    That said I hear there will be a Grimlock verses Shockwave figure 2 pack

Galvasean wrote:
    Was that the one discovered by Paul Rigby (although I heard that one was smaller than Sue) or a different one? I seem to remember hearing of a 45 foot long Tyrannosaurus just cant remember exactly here since I havent been keeping up on my palaeontology as much as Id like to in recent times.

Different one, this one is bigger then dear old Sue
    Back on topic: I think the film makers want to play up to the concept of ROBOTS IN DISGUISE in this movie so don't think there is room for a bot disguised as a giant metallic dinosaur.
    That said I hear there will be a Grimlock verses Shockwave figure 2 pack

Hence why Grim would work better in a sequel, what with the fact there's a fair chance the secret will be out by then

Just finished a movie one shot, which I'll post as soon as I can. Also, O'Mahoney's book shop should have Ghosts Of Yesterday for me by next week

GWolf wrote:
    A real tyrannosuarwas about 16 ft at the shoulder, C-Rex closer to 17, top of the head about 18. But scorponok is hundreds of times larger then the real thing, so making a 30, 35 foot tall T-rex isn't a stretch. Could work. Just make him big enough to tackle Blackout.

Ah, dinos, how I love you, let me count the ways

Also, in G1, Grimlock was the same size as a real dinosaur(the dinnos on Dinobot Island were the samne size as the dinobots)
    BW Megatron was minaturised, like Waspinator and Rattrap were so much bigger then the real thing.

Anyone still looking for it, here's the leaked spot
    http://www.dailymotion.com/search/transformers/video/x1rosp_transformers-the-movie-trailer-3

No, Grimlock was much bigger. Prime was at least 30 feet tall meaning grimlock is at the very least 35, probably more like 40 or over.

Dinobot's Island was just ****ed up. Someone thought that because Dinosaurs are big and Giant Robots are big they should be about the same size.

• Advertisement

Rozie wrote:
    No, Grimlock was much bigger. Prime was at least 30 feet tall meaning grimlock is at the very least 35, probably more like 40 or over.

Dinobot's Island was just ****ed up. Someone thought that because Dinosaurs are big and Giant Robots are big they should be about the same size.

I meant a real dino inn the G! cartoon. He was HUGE in G1. Thank god.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,836 ✭✭✭Vokes

The '86 Movie is re-released this weekend on the big screen in London. The Guardian gave it a whopping 1 star :)

Anything similar happening in Dublin?

So they have decided to keep primes big ol lips.
    Que cries of "OH NOES MIKAL BAY HAVE RAPED MY CHILDHOOD WHILE HIM SLAP ME IN FACE".
    Or words to that effect.
    Personaly i dont care its been done in other incarnations of Transformers and people didnt have a fit then so i dont see why they should have one now

I'm okay with lips, I'm just not too crazy with the design they went with. Oh well, not something to get worked up over

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,599 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

The face plate is iconic, its like changing a country's flag in removing it!

uh oh, the lips are here to stay, check out the photo too.

http://www.seibertron.com/news/view.php?id=10221

Also this link is doing the rounds.

http://www.yousendit.com/transfer.php?action=download&ufid=03FCA926054C8C65

You see the stories on siebertron.com etc. The quality is crap for the most part but its claimed to be starscream talking with megatron in the background. You can hear what sounds like transforming and flying at the end. I doubt its authenticity tho as megatron sounds nothing like weaving. Could be test dialogue.

story here: http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/showthread.php?t=132425

Dominatorx wrote:
    So they have decided to keep primes big ol lips.
    Que cries of "OH NOES MIKAL BAY HAVE RAPED MY CHILDHOOD WHILE HIM SLAP ME IN FACE".

Yeah, because that totally means that the lips are a good idea.

They're hideous, and there is no rational defense for them.

Where did the BUT THEY'RE ALIEN! defense go to now for defending the abominations that are Starscream and Megatron?

on the lips, we'll really have to reserve judgement until we see the flick. Im not keen on it either but we'll just have to wait n see.

If the film turns out to be fantastic, im sure we'll get over it! ;)

• Advertisement

Rozie wrote:
    Yeah, because that totally means that the lips are a good idea.

They're hideous, and there is no rational defense for them.

Where did the BUT THEY'RE ALIEN! defense go to now for defending the abominations that are Starscream and Megatron?
    Oh dont get me wrong i hate the lips.
    My post was more pointing out how people overreact to every little thing about this 2 hour toy commercial.

Advertisement