Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Transformers - 2007 movie (MERGED)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,510 ✭✭✭sprinkles

Wow.... that was good. I watched it 5 times last night. Wow!

Thankfully they're reusing the transforming sound! I love that sound!

Can't wait for this now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 412 ✭✭GWolf

Here;s the second version

http://www.cybph.com/archives/296

Identical up until Prime's arrival, then throwdsin Scorponok, and Blackout's blades being used as a weapon as he advances on Prime and either Starscream or Megatron.

There's a pparently a third version which ends with Prime falling from a building and transforming as he drops

• Registered Users Posts: 7,988 ✭✭✭constitutionus

SofaKing wrote:
    Am i imagining it or did I hear a squeak when he got stomped on :confused::)

Heres an ever so slightly different version: http://www.cybph.com/archives/296

i never noticed a squeak in the HD version but its there alright in the low rez phillipino one (which has some lovely extras bits, particularly blackouts "buzzsaw" blades, some ones gonna get hurt with them :D )

if anyone finds the other rumoured one can you please stick it up? thanks !

• Registered Users Posts: 14,148 ✭✭✭✭Lemming

*dribble*

/me reaches for brown paper bag to hyperventilate after watching that trailer

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

Absolutely Amazing!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,403 ✭✭✭The Gnome

It's just gone from "Hmmmmm" to "Sweet.... Jesus". :D

• Registered Users Posts: 28,839 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

OK.. watched this as open-mindedly as I could...

- From a CGI perspective it's very impressive (especially Starscream's mid-air transformation to jet mode).
    - The G1 transforming sound effect brought a smile to my face

BUT...

- Maybe it's just the trailer, but it's too frantic I thought - you never get a good look at the robot modes
    (TOO much action? Bad omen for the whole film?)
    - Cheesy lines: "must be Japanese.." :rolleyes:
    - The robot modes are WAYY too "busy". They don't even look like robots. It's hard to describe really.

As a generic robot-action summer blockbuster flick I'm sure this'll be a runaway hit.....

.. but it's NOT Transformers. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

Hey anyone know where I can listen to the music from the trailer on its own?

I know the first part of it is taken from the new Linkin Park song but the rest of it is done by Steve Jablonsky afaik.

EDIT: Just found this...

Its the trailer used before the new Shrek movie with some differences from the others. Really poor quality though, we need a HD version.

ENJOY!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,599 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

Kaiser2000 wrote:
    BUT...

- Maybe it's just the trailer, but it's too frantic I thought - you never get a good look at the robot modes
    (TOO much action? Bad omen for the whole film?)
    - Cheesy lines: "must be Japanese.." :rolleyes:
    - The robot modes are WAYY too "busy". They don't even look like robots. It's hard to describe really.

As a generic robot-action summer blockbuster flick I'm sure this'll be a runaway hit.....

.. but it's NOT Transformers. :(

i disagree. the trailer should be a taster and not give the game away. this is the mtv generation afterall, therefore quick cuts and teases are the norm for trailers.

cheesy lines are unavoidable unfortunately. :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,988 ✭✭✭constitutionus

certainly got the little kiddies to STFU when the action kicked in. good sign :D

i have to admit to being really impressed by this. i wouldnt worry about how clipped it seemed seeing as theyve said they dont want to do a king kong and give away the whole film. i dont think weve seen a full transformation scens yet. the closeset is probably starscreams jump take off. and i love the "scale" of the film. feels like an invasion/war movie and thats how i always saw TF anyway. if the characters are spot on it should seal the deal of making this the hit of the year. i was always going to go see this and im a fan so im biased but i genuinely thought it would just do alright. now people i know arent even fans of it are talking about it and considering spidey was too long to get people coming back again and again i reckon TF could steal its crown.

man things are looking up. :)

After showing this trailer to a lot of people who had absolutely no prior interest in Transformers the feedback has been very good. Everyone I showed it to is now really excited. I smell box office success!

http://img182.imageshack.us/my.php?image=autobotsassemblebl3.jpg

Am I the only one who want sto remaane Ironhide Nemesis Prime?

Bad news.

OPS2 magazine is giving away tickets to a special viewing two weeks before the offical release date.

Why is this bad

The viewing is gonna be on Jul1y 15th

• Registered Users Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

GWolf wrote:
    Bad news.

OPS2 magazine is giving away tickets to a special viewing two weeks before the offical release date.

Why is this bad

The viewing is gonna be on Jul1y 15th

is this because it reveals the european date? because i knew the date when empire had a poster with "27.7.07" on it...

yes, but it had looked like we were gonna get it eithe late june or o the 4th of july(I'm a regular n the movie site where it was looking good for a decent release date)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,599 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

i hope ur wrong about the release date!

here some close up pics of prime, mega and bumblebee

http://www.aintitcool.com/node/32799

A new TV spot said 'theatres EVERYWHERE July 4th' so heres hoping we dont get too shafted

Sorry about the poor quality of this clip (its a camcorder in front of the telly). You can hear bumblebee speak in this one and he doesnt sound good at all. (I always thought Bumble was a happy cool funky transformer, he sounds grumpy in this!)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,836 ✭✭✭Vokes

Heard a rumour that Bumblebee is mute and comunicates with beeps or something

Is that Megatron speaking in that vid?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

i dont think its bumblebee speaking in that clip?

(the line i assume your thinking is bumblebee is the 'its you and me' line?)

Sounds more like Optimus challanging megatron then bumblebee

(also wtf is the ad after it?)

SofaKing wrote:
    Heard a rumour that Bumblebee is mute and comunicates with beeps or something

Is that Megatron speaking in that vid?

didnt sound like hugo weaving and deffo didnt sound like prime.

re the rumour.
    seemingly in the prequel comic books megatron crushes bumbles voice box in a battle on unicron hence why he only communicates through the radio. altho he apparantely gets his voice back later in the film

BlitzKrieg wrote:

(also wtf is the ad after it?)

the trailer was on the kids network or nickelodeon in the states.

faceman wrote:
    didnt sound like hugo weaving and deffo didnt sound like prime.

re the rumour.
    seemingly in the prequel comic books megatron crushes bumbles voice box in a battle on unicron hence why he only communicates through the radio. altho he apparantely gets his voice back later in the film
    I have that comic and
    I don't know where you heard about Unicron being in it, because he isn't. Did you mean Cybertron? Thats where it happened.

Unicron hasn't been added to the movie universe as of yet.

NEw sopot, I'm near certain that's Prime. BB can't talk, he beeps.

Best trailer was the Shrek 3 one. Lot's of TF scenes.

Sorry guys i meant cybertron and not unicron :o

better quality bumble trailer below. Still not convinced its megatron at all.

http://www.aintitcool.com/node/32831

The world premiere is in italy on june 21st.

http://www.seibertron.com/news/view.php?id=10467

• Registered Users Posts: 5,836 ✭✭✭Vokes

Italy!! Isn't that a bit ...odd O_o

• Advertisement

maybe, great country tho

Advertisement