Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Transformers - 2007 movie (MERGED)

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,599 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

GWolf wrote:
    NEw sopot, I'm near certain that's Prime.

actually i think you're spot on there. ive listened to it a few times thru headphones and its deffo peter cullen speaking.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 412 ✭✭GWolf

I know a guy who has the jr novel. I don't know what happens in it, but he mentioned that the ending might be a hard pill to swallow. Not sure what that means but cannot be good. Although the SP3 novel has a diffferent end then the movie so who knows

• Registered Users Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

GWolf wrote:
    I know a guy who has the jr novel. I don't know what happens in it, but he mentioned that the ending might be a hard pill to swallow. Not sure what that means but cannot be good. Although the SP3 novel has a diffferent end then the movie so who knows

may want to change that sig gwolf, before the sigpo come down on yo ass :)

this si the one I changed to, no complaints so far.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,599 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

I always get a good laugh out of the 'fan' comments at the bottom of AICN reviews. Here we have a very positive review and yet 'fanboys' (for lack of a better word) relentlessly try to attack the most minor of flaws in an attempt to achieve some kind of moral victory. Oh well, I guess while they go off and complain the rest of us can enjoy what is being billed as the best movie of the summer so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

Galvasean wrote:
    ...the rest of us can enjoy what is being billed as the best movie of the summer so far.

Its not gonna have to do much to achieve that, except beat that Pothead flic.

The review didn't give much away but I've heard rumours that
    not only is Megatron only in it for a short time, but he gets killed by Sam!
    I hope this isn't true on both counts and it leads itself to a trilogy.

Otacon wrote:
    The review didn't give much away but I've heard rumours that
    not only is Megatron only in it for a short time, but he gets killed by Sam!
    I hope this isn't true on both counts and it leads itself to a trilogy.

i cant find the link now but i read that Bay/Spielberg was teeing this up as a trilogy dependent on the success of this one.

i also read
    megatron has a short screen presence and remains in protoform mode for most of the flick but scans a new type of stealth jet late into the film which would be his mode for the next flick.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

GWolf wrote:
    this si the one I changed to, no complaints so far.

that's because someone has to report you first...

here's the sig rules

• Closed Accounts Posts: 147 ✭✭Dominatorx

Go to www.autobotsrollout.com
    and sign up to see five new video clips including some footage of jazz scanning his vehicle and transforming

• Advertisement

this spoof was done on mtv movie awards in the us.

http://www.dailymotion.com/phredizzle/video/3636424

heres 20 seconds of the prime vs bonecrusher scene on the highway. class! (be warned, its spoilerish if you are savin see the tf's in action until u see the flick)

I hope the sound isn't final, Bonecrusher's laugh isn't near loud enough

Must see movie NOW!!!!!!

Sorry for that outburst, but these clips just keep getting better and better! :D

GWolf wrote:
    I hope the sound isn't final, Bonecrusher's laugh isn't near loud enough

i didnt know he was laughin! im sure on the big screen we'll witness it in all its glory! :)

all this excitement for a michael bay film - scary!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,988 ✭✭✭constitutionus

thought the silverman sketch was kinda crap but it did give us a close up of primes transformation and the lipsyching with cullen was perfect. TBH thats the one thing thats concerned me about the film lately, would i buy cullen as prime in the movie, and thankfully it works for me.

you guys have to get on youtube. theres a rake of stuff out there ripped from the GM tie in site autobotsrollout.com

i couldnt get the thing to play properly and they make you stick an email address in to access it so go to youtube instead and look for scorponock attacks, then stick in new transformers in the search engine to get the rest of em :)

there should be one with megan fox inspecting bumblebees engine, then a two minute one behind the scenes with speilberg bay and the cast, a skit with bernie mack selling the car to sam and a kinda complitlaton one narated by shia

P.S just type in "new mtv transformers" in the search engine on youtube and you should get all of em on one page !

whats the squeak when Megatron (?) squishes jazz all about?

Either MEgatron's engines, or Jazz squeaking

Speaking of Jazz, it appears I will have to buy two Jazz toys now

40597466720565b6db.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

i had a bizarre dream that i watched the transformers film last night.

lots of action...

but i cant remember if i saw any plot (or humans) and magetron never showed up.

all the same.

cracking dream!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭Sniipe

bah somehow I thougth it was out today... 7/3/7 is the date... american date... I was wondering why I saw no big ads...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 333 ✭✭Ger_Hankey

Sniipe wrote:
    bah somehow I thougth it was out today... 7/3/7 is the date... american date... I was wondering why I saw no big ads...

But in American, today would be 6/7/7...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭Sniipe

Ger_Hankey wrote:
    But in American, today would be 6/7/7...
    yeah but in Ireland its 7/6/7

soz I meant 7/6/7 instead of 7/3/7 in my other post.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

???

but isnt today 6/6/7?

Its still june? Or was I asleep for a month?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,836 ✭✭✭Vokes

Its out in the US on July 3rd ?

Now July 2nd. And some guy is bragging about winning tickets to see a screening june 12th

• Closed Accounts Posts: 333 ✭✭Ger_Hankey

I heard they were doing advance screenings at Botcon in the states, but I'm not sure when thats on, could that be what he's talking about.

I have to laugh at the ads which advertise films "opening everywhere" on a certain date. Apparently Transformers was "opening everywhere" on July 4th.
    "Everywhere" is seems is a state in America, as us poor aliens have to wait three weeks longer to see it. It just seems typical of American attitudes recently, they are so insular.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,988 ✭✭✭constitutionus

yup which is why i'll probably have it on pirate first. not defending that kind of thing but pointing out the reality of this type of marketing.

do they seriously think us guys in Ireland and the UK are going to sit here on our hands while everyone on the net is going on about the film for the guts of a month? particularly since you can gaurentee the release in australia in june will mean we'll probably get it on the black market before the americans.

its just nuts. they shouldve gone for a worldwide release date :(

• Advertisement

Nope, that Dinobot in the video was fan made. Gee, I thought that was old news

Advertisement