Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Transformers - 2007 movie (MERGED)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 412 ✭✭GWolf

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,511 ✭✭✭Rozie

Reports from the Sydney showing are a little grim.

Here's what we know (Spoilers)-
    1) Brawl is actually still called Devastator. WTF. No chance of him in a sequel, more than likely then. He also barely appears in the movie, which is doubly lame.
    2) Deceps barely speak, and when they do, it's in "Cybertronian". Megs speaks a little, Starscream has a whopping one line in English. They're not much more than barbarian monsters from what I can gather, typical hollywood bad guys. No sign of Keith David anywhere. There is some supposedly G1-ish Megs/Starscream banter in one scene(in Cybertronian), and Frenzy and Barricade talk at some point. Don't think there's really any more dialogue than that, not sure.
    3) Prime only has his face plate on for about 10% of the time. I know that seems like it should be obvious, but in an action movie with lots of action/general tense scenes, I was hoping he'd have it on during the entire duration of those scenes, not just when directly in combat. Hasbro obviously know how ugly the lips are - no toy has them.
    4) Prime takes Bonecrusher's head off in that highway scene.
    5) All deceps die except Starscream. Jazz still dies too, or at least gets ripped in half. What the ****. He was the best design by far, except for maybe OP.
    6) Luckily, Jazz is still a cool black guy.
    7) Quite a few people seem to be taking it quite positively, but just say THE MOVIE WAS AWESOME instead of delving into specifics. Anytime they do, it seems kind of disappointing. I think it was an overall mixed/lukewarm reception, great CG and action scenes but flimsy plot and a lot of disappointments in store too. Of course, the typical UberProMovie fans are selectively quoting and defending the most ridiculous of decisions, as usual.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,599 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

sounds like tf will be in the runnin for an oscar in the best foreign language category! the decepticons speak very little english in the film! Interesting!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

can we get spoiler tags on your post rosie...some of us dont want to know some of those details.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,599 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

it seems the everyone attending the premiere had to sign a non disclosure form preventing them from talking specifics until June 28th

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

faceman wrote:
    it seems the everyone attending the premiere had to sign a non disclosure form preventing them from talking specifics until June 28th

standard procedure... though someone usually blabs

Review here. The reviewer seems like a twat but none the less...

http://www.aintitcool.com/node/32975

faceman wrote:
    Review here. The reviewer seems like a twat but none the less...

http://www.aintitcool.com/node/32975

like i said.. someone usually blabs. in this case, it seems like michael bay :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,988 ✭✭✭constitutionus

this just in over at seibertron.

the running time of the films officially down as 135minutes. thats two hours fifteen minutes :D

im really happy about this. its good enough to warrent blowing the near 20 euros it cost to go to the cinema now if you want to have food as well but its not long enough to put you off going if your only semi interested in the subject (like a certain aquatic film i can mention :rolleyes: ). this should mean the passing trade wont be put off while giving us fans a meaty film to get into :)

oh and theres a new TV spot if you scroll down the news section. its on youtube and shows a little extra prime and blackout

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

New one sheet poster and a new trailer

Awesome...

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

A guy I know from Tfans was at the premiere. He says its amazing (of course don't all people who get into premieres say that?)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭MooseJam

do you think the movie will do huge business and maybe break records or are we all living in a bubble and actually transformers the movie is a niche product that will just do ok

• Registered Users Posts: 2,911 ✭✭✭Washout

MooseJam wrote:
    do you think the movie will do huge business and maybe break records or are we all living in a bubble and actually transformers the movie is a niche product that will just do ok

#its opening the same weekend as die hard 4.0.

also it is a niche market...may break records in japan but not the states

• Registered Users Posts: 4,510 ✭✭✭sprinkles

Game Trailer - you see some footage probably linked with the film - transformations etc.. so possible spoilers!?

link

Washout wrote:

With Steven Spielberg's name attached, I seriously doubt this. Spielberg could make a Care Bears movie and it would break records!

as much as i like weaving, you cant deny that there is a bit of nostalgia when you hear welker do mega at the end of this clip for the TF game...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DwcLtrfz-Hk&eurl=http%3A%2F%2Fwww%2Eseibertron%2Ecom%2Fnews%2Findex%2Ephp%3Ff%5Fcat%3D4
    :(

btw, some TF reviews up on aint it cool news but some of the review are geek mania.

TBH I think the game will please more hardcore TF fans than the movie will! Seems to show some Cybertron as well!

Washout wrote:

As much as I love Die Hard I have a feeling Transformers will completely eclipse its box office gross. As far as I can tell everyone wants to see Transformers, whether they be TF fans, kids* (who must bring parents), action movie fans, nostalgia trippers etc. Every non Transformers fan Ive talked to is excited about the movie.

*Kids today don't appreciate the classics like Rocky, Die Hard and Rambo :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 333 ✭✭Ger_Hankey

Galvasean wrote:
    *Kids today don't appreciate the classics like Rocky, Die Hard and Rambo :mad:

I loved the fact that a bloody, violent film series like Rambo got its own kids toy line & cartoon. Ahh the irresponsible 80s....

Oh for the love of God... :rolleyes:

http://seibertron.com/news/view.php?id=10798

Idiots.

oookkk.....death threats. next up, a horses head wearing the voice changer shoved in his bed.

The weirdos that weidos are ashamed to be associated with

• Closed Accounts Posts: 333 ✭✭Ger_Hankey

Its no more than he deserves, the childhood-raping evil-doer!!!;)

(Kidding, btw)

some of us are fans, some others are nerds destined for the loony-bin. what can you do...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,988 ✭✭✭constitutionus

ah theres nutters everywhere.

getting back to whether the film will break boxoffice numbers the buzz is definetly there. fact is TF is one of the only original films to come out this year and some of the visuals are just nuts. i spent most of today trawling the nets for vids and theres one out there of screamer strafing f22s mid flight in robot mode over a city, prime ripping the roof off a sector seven car who're taking sam into custody. sam legging it from someone while the whole room behind him is being trashed and so on and so on . plus its fun! the comedy is incidental not gratuitous. theres a scene where josh durhmals characters underfire from scorponok and he needs to call in backup thats really funny

it doesnt matter that this is transformers . people will go see this because like the matrix there's just nothing like this out there so the potential draw from non fans is massive.

i'll stick my neck out and say this will be the film of the year and break a billion ,worldwide obviously, with change to spare. if only because all the other blockbusters have been a let down :D

getting back to whether the film will break boxoffice numbers the buzz is definetly there. fact is TF is one of the only original films to come out this year and some of the visuals are just nuts. i spent most of today trawling the nets for vids and theres one out there of screamer strafing f22s mid flight in robot mode over a city, prime ripping the roof off a sector seven car who're taking sam into custody. sam legging it from someone while the whole room behind him is being trashed and so on and so on . plus its fun! the comedy is incidental not gratuitous. theres a scene where josh durhmals characters underfire from scorponok and he needs to call in backup thats really funny

it doesnt matter that this is transformers . people will go see this because like the matrix there's just nothing like this out there so the potential draw from non fans is massive.

i'll stick my neck out and say this will be the film of the year and break a billion ,worldwide obviously, with change to spare. if only because all the other blockbusters have been a let down :D

hello links please!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

yes i demand links too!

if only because all the other blockbusters have been a let down :D

That could swing either way. On one hand people might see the likes of Spider-man 3 and Pirates3 and think Transformers will be another overblown piece of stink.
    Or they might still be hungry for a good blockbuster (I know I am) and give it a go.

• Advertisement

Found some of those clips.

Advertisement