Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Transformers - 2007 movie (MERGED)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

Sure are a lot of hammy gags in it. Hopefully not too many.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,510 ✭✭✭sprinkles

"I want to introduce you to my friend.... Optimus Prime!"

I can't wait!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,599 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

Galvasean wrote:
    Sure are a lot of hammy gags in it. Hopefully not too many.

altho i would love to see a scene where megatron is in the middle of battle and worf from star trek turns up with a phaser rifle and before worf fires at megatron he says "transform this"...

.....[runs and hides]....

• Registered Users Posts: 28,839 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Far too many stupid "jokes" in it for my liking, not to mention the scene with whats-her-name checking out Bumblebee's engine. Sure she's hot, but it doesn't fit in a "Transformers" (in name only, certainly not in spirit) movie.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,599 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

Kaiser2000 wrote:
    Far too many stupid "jokes" in it for my liking, not to mention the scene with whats-her-name checking out Bumblebee's engine. Sure she's hot, but it doesn't fit in a "Transformers" (in name only, certainly not in spirit) movie.

yeah but ud give her one if she was around! ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 412 ✭✭GWolf

I must be the only striaght guy in the world who doesn't find her attractive

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭V9

aaaaah ya'd give er a go if ya were stuck, GWolf ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,988 ✭✭✭constitutionus

theres a new tv spot that you can download in quicktime at www.superherohype.com/news/topnews.php?id=5903

im crap at links but thats the address. i got it off the movie section of seibertron.com. its got alot of stuff in it that hasnt been seen albeit in a short amount of time (30sec) but i think you'll enjoy it. right click on the quicktime word and save target as for some lovely TF goodness.

two words lads.

energon. sword :D:D:D

EDIT: heres a link to the discussion thread in seibertron. a guy called leastbay uploaded an animated screen grab of it. just scroll down half the screen . if you look carefully you can just about catch the hilt forming ! have fun :)

www.seibertron.com/news/view.php?id=10853

V!alli wrote:
    aaaaah ya'd give er a go if ya were stuck, GWolf ;)
    I'm a twenty one year old virgin who spends his time watching anime and researching dinosaurs alternating in a week straight of book reading

I'd give anyone a go at this point

Been confoirmed,
    Prime and Megs will be brothers in the movie

• Registered Users Posts: 5,836 ✭✭✭Vokes

Gwolf, need a spoiler on that last bit please :/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

Yep... can everyone be a bit more careful with spoilers please?

And if you do see one then report the post so that we can stick spoiler tags on as soon as possible.

GWolf wrote:
    Been confoirmed,
    Prime and Megs will be brothers in the movie

makes no sense? :confused:

and yes, you are odd for not wanting to give megan a portion

• Registered Users Posts: 28,839 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

faceman wrote:
    yeah but ud give her one if she was around! ;)
    Well yes, yes I would! :D

I think we are all missing an important point here; would she?
    Remember folks, consent is your friend ;)

Galvasean wrote:
    I think we are all missing an important point here; would she?
    Remember folks, consent is your friend ;)

Only if she's awake at the time :D

So, what's the opinion on the fusion cannon and axe/sword in the latest spot?

another Trailer up on youtube apparently its the second japanese one. cant read japanese but it looks like the poor buggers aint getting it till the 4th of august! how the hell did that happen?

anyway lots of nice stuff in it particularly two characters going through a populated building :D man its going to kick arse. theres another version out there but i cant get it to load properly with broadband so god knows how dial up will fare. enjoy !

www.youtube.com/watch?v=U7Q63J_8b78

Wow, i honestly think that was the best one yet!

i know im being a hypocrite but i think i'll stop looking for these thing anymore. its getting very close to the film and i dont want to ruin it by seeing half the film out of sequence. i know the producers are saying we havent really seen that much but still i think its getting to overload.

that said the tie in adds have started .theres a fun burger king add in seibertron.com at the moment with prime and two chevrolet adds which actually use modified film footage. usually these things are crap but they are actually quite funny :D

still it was great to see that sword :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 333 ✭✭Ger_Hankey

GWolf wrote:

The second one wasn't too bad, says the plot was weak and to be honest its about what I was expecting. It does say the bits that matter are very well done (i.e. the big f**king robots!!). Nobodys expecting Laurence of Arabia now, are they?

• Advertisement

Ger_Hankey wrote:
    The second one wasn't too bad, says the plot was weak and to be honest its about what I was expecting. It does say the bits that matter are very well done (i.e. the big f**king robots!!). Nobodys expecting Laurence of Arabia now, are they?

Problem is, if it wasn't for the tf label, I don't think I'd bother with this. I don''t ask for the next oscar winner, I just want a halfway decent story, and good characters. And the humans, in any review I've seen, are rubbish apparently, and most of the cons don't seem to have either the time or the inclination to actuially be given proper characters.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 333 ✭✭Ger_Hankey

GWolf wrote:
    And the humans, in any review I've seen, are rubbish apparently, and most of the cons don't seem to have either the time or the inclination to actuially be given proper characters.

If they are clever, they know they will get the bums on seats with the effects and the "OMG, A TF MOVIE" factor alone for the first one, and could make the inevetable sequels better by putting some thought into plot & character development.

I'm still trying to get my head round this Brawl Dev thing. Apparently, now Bay made the change intentionally, cause he prefereed the name, but when it was screened someone said it was a mistake to throw people off

^ whats there to get your head around, its only a name. Its what he does that matters!

does anyone remember the name of the company that were goin sell those cool TF t-shirts around now (close to the movie release) that lit up or had flashy lights on them or something?

any got the link? i cant find it. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

faceman wrote:
    does anyone remember the name of the company that were goin sell those cool TF t-shirts around now (close to the movie release) that lit up or had flashy lights on them or something?

Why? You want one? Cos thats not on! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,029 ✭✭✭HammerHeadGym

This movie came out yesterday in Thailand. It's awesome. Better story line than I was anticipating and of course giant robots beating lumps out of everything. Hooray.

In this time of great rejoicing, let us remember the words of the prophets The Ragtime Revolutionaries, 'Chicks Dig Giant Robots'.

you know just because you can sum up the plot of a film in one sentence it doesnt mean its crap.

basically a helicopter crashes and thats it. black hawk down.

three blokes get killed in a war and his brothers sent home. saving private ryan :D

an arms manufacturer wants to save a few lives. shindlers list.

etc....etc. at the end of the day shorn of the sci/fi transformers is a war story so all the plot needs to be is the moral set up for the smack down. basically it should be any of the classic war stories with giant metal killing machines albeit with more morally defined characters and greater spectacle.

personally i think that second review is very heartening because the guy clearly isnt a fan and enjoyed the film and his gripes were few and far between and generally seemd to apply to going to see it again. not at all.

cant wait till monday to hear the reviews in the press. i dont really listen to them in terms of deciding to go to a film but it should be fun none the less to hear the "elites" view. if only to see how confused they are.:D

Otacon wrote:
    Why? You want one? Cos thats not on! :D

found them for sale on ebay! ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

link?

Advertisement